Fuel Lines

5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_myold86bronc_*

Guest_myold86bronc_*

Posted 21 January 2004 - 07:49 AM

Hey all, I just busted the push connect fitting on the fuel line running from the dual function reservoir to the in-tank fuel pump on my 86, 5.0 liter bronco. Does anyone know where I can obtain a new line or components to fabricate one?

Thanks for any help. :o

#2 davids78bronco

davids78bronco

fabricator extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Interests:Work all day, and build Bronco accessories in my free time. I've built pre-runner and winch bumpers, rock sliders and rear bumpers, w/ or w/o tire carriers, as well as HD cargo racks (not the bolt-to-your-hardtop POS's)

Posted 21 January 2004 - 01:45 PM

dual function resevoir? huh?? I take it this is a hard plastic line, with the high-pressure fitting on it, that takes a Ford-tool, to remove it? If it is, I believe Ford is your only choice. However, even your local ford parts dealer gets their parts from somewhere more local than a warehouse. For example, I used to work at a parts-store distributor warehouse, and there was practically everything available there - mostly fuel, exhaust, emission, tune-up, ignition and electrical, as well as a few cosmetic pieces.

SO, if I were you, I'd try to find that parts-store distributor warehouse, and see if they sell to the publlic - the one I worked at did

If nothing else, you might have to use a short length of regular fuel hose

#3 Guest_myold86bronc_*

Guest_myold86bronc_*

Posted 21 January 2004 - 11:08 PM

Thanks Davids78,

I spent about 4 hours on the phone and the net today. It wasn't very promising! 3 Dealers said...sorry. The assembly is a high pressure piece about 6 feet long with female quick connect (hairpin clip) style connectors. Oh, by the way...Dual Function reservoir: just behind the high pressure frame mounted fuel pump. 2 lines (to/from external fuel pump and to/from in-tank pump) purpose supposedly is to provide a constant supply of fuel to high pressure pump in brief fuel outages from tank (high tilt, low tank level situations). Believe it or not JC Whitney lists high pressure rubber fuel injector hose. I ordered 10 ft. of 3/8 diameter with the thought of clamping directly to nipple of dual function reservoir and to nipple of in tank fuel pump. I contacted manufacturers of high pressure quick connect fittings and nylon fuel lines for quotes but haven't heard back yet.

Anyhow, thanks for the reply and wish me luck. It's not a good feeling to be down for a 2 buck plastic fitting. :(

#4 Guest_azrockrat_*

Guest_azrockrat_*

Posted 22 January 2004 - 07:32 PM

hate to do this to you but you have two options here hit a junk yard and find the line you are needing or go pay ford there dues. since the line is coming out of the tank and going to the high pressure pump you WANT to have the little two dollar clips one there. because the first time ya fire up the bronco you will have fuel going every where.. sorry to tell ya the bad news

the rat

#5 Guest_myold86bronc_*

Guest_myold86bronc_*

Posted 23 January 2004 - 07:49 AM

Thanks for the nickel Az but already had 3 dealers tell me I was on my own! I called a salvage broker in the area (30 yards) and they couldn't help. I have twice requested a quote from ITT Industries www.ittconnects.com (they manufacture all kinds of liquid fuel connectors, to no avail. They have what I need but I guess I'm a small fish in a big ocean so they haven't even responded to my request for quote.
Anyhow, I will get it. My present plan is to go with high pressure (900psi) 3/8 fuel hose and high pressure clamps and clamp hose directly to the nipples on fuel pump and fuel reservoir.

Have a good one!

PS: I thought I saw a comment from you about a fuel res, if so good luck. I haven't seen this in my searchs lately but if I do I'll give ya a yell.

#6 Guest_azrockrat_*

Guest_azrockrat_*

Posted 23 January 2004 - 01:36 PM

cool thanks let us know how it works out

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users