Anyone Bypassed The Smog Pump W/ A Shorter Belt?

2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_lakesnake_*

Guest_lakesnake_*

Posted 21 June 2004 - 03:00 PM

I've heard that putting a short belt on the motor (351w) and bypassing the smog pump is a quick and easy power upgrade. Does anyone know how long the new belt should be?

#2 traildamage

traildamage

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Hunting at home in Texas<br />Rock'n in the mountains<br />Chasing tail<br />Building a better mousetrap

Posted 16 January 2005 - 02:44 PM

I've heard that putting a short belt on the motor (351w) and bypassing the smog pump is a quick and easy power upgrade.  Does anyone know how long the new belt should be?

View Post

You can bypass a smog pump by removing belt and relacing w a the same belt usually used by earlier models or a high performance one.. Check your chilton.
Besure to check your local emmission requirements(It wont pass) But if you live in an area that doesnt require one(Lucky) Besure to observe the belt pattern before you remove the smog wheel(Lower left 2 bolts at bottom usually). :-B

#3 honda_man_300ex

honda_man_300ex

Duck Tape L'fixer :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 07:46 PM

Hey i have done this on my 300 6cylinder and it worked fine........ i notice a slight increase in my gas mileage. the way i found my belt size was went to the parts store and took my belt off then use it by taking up the slack in the routed path and then having it messure. i say do this at the parts store because i had to try 4 or 5 times before i found a perfect fit and isn't that what we are after as a shade tree mechanic???

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users