Performer Carb And Performer Intake

2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Saint351_*

Guest_Saint351_*

Posted 07 July 2004 - 12:58 PM

While im picking up my carb tomorrow and will soon be buying a intake from seabronco. Anyone know what kinda power gains i should be looking at with the combination of a edlebrock performer 600cfm carb and a performer aluminum intake on a 351 ho. I know that the carberauter is going to make a huge difference compared to my old one that must be robbing honestley about 20hp because of how big of a pile it is.
saint351

#2 Broncoholics

Broncoholics

Broncoholics

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Interests:4-Wheeling!

Posted 07 July 2004 - 01:18 PM

You should go at least 5mph faster! :-"
Wheel it like you stole it!

#3 Justshootme84

Justshootme84

F-Series Commander

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • Interests:4wd trucks, hunting, fishing, music

Posted 07 July 2004 - 08:34 PM

The stock HP is about 210, and you can get up to 400 HP with the right carb, intake, heads, cam and headers according to Edelbrock. I think the biggest improvement you are making is to the intake manifold, as you will clear up a good 50% of all that vacuum hose mess up front. My best guess is about 25-30 more HP with the carb and intake swap. look at changing the cam and heads if you want a real beast, but don't get carried away! If you don't have an Edelbrock catalog, just get a free one from their website. Oh yeah, the stock "holley Bomb" on the 351W H.O. is tough to deal with, so you are doing right by replacing it!!!

Engine specs
1984 Bronco XLT, 351W H.O., C-6 AT, Ford 9", SkyJ 6" lift, 35" tires on MT Classic rims, S&W Racecars 10-pt cage kit, custom "shaker" assembly.
1988 Bronco Custom, 302 EFI, C-6 AT, Ford 8.8". parting out
1986 Bronco Custom, 300I-6, NP435

Reply to this topic

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users