Girggle

8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Bronco_In_Ny_*

Guest_Bronco_In_Ny_*

Posted 13 July 2004 - 06:32 AM

Anyone else ever have a girgling noise while at slow speeds around 30 to 40mph and just enough throttle to keep you moving, its only happening while giving alittle gas, Any and All help would be great..

#2 Broncoholics

Broncoholics

Broncoholics

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Interests:4-Wheeling!

Posted 13 July 2004 - 07:11 AM

Do you think its pinging? Ususally pinging sounds when going up a hill on the throttle. Otherwise if its more a slight girgle at certain RPM's even in nutral then it could be wristpins or rod bearings. Best thing to do is pull the pan and pull a few rod bearings (one at a time) do not mix up where they came out if they are OK. If you see any that are bad the motor is on its way out. Then you have to get a new crank or have it machined. If I was to take them off I'd replace them for now. Try using 20/50 oil and see if that helps.
Wheel it like you stole it!

#3 Guest_Bronco_In_Ny_*

Guest_Bronco_In_Ny_*

Posted 13 July 2004 - 07:31 AM

The Motor has only around 6000 miles on it, so if its something internal I'm going to be pissed, it did this before and then stopped, I have to use Premium fuel in it anyway maybe I'll try some octane boost in it since the Fuel in Ny state isn't that great, Please more people respond I'm getting ready for a move back to Florida and pulling a trailer so [SIZE=14] HEEEELLLLLLPP

#4 Broncoholics

Broncoholics

Broncoholics

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Interests:4-Wheeling!

Posted 13 July 2004 - 08:14 AM

NY fuel? Thats got to be the promlem!
Wheel it like you stole it!

#5 Justshootme84

Justshootme84

F-Series Commander

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • Interests:4wd trucks, hunting, fishing, music

Posted 13 July 2004 - 07:37 PM

Sounds like bad gas if it is "pinging". I filled up last week, and the gas was horrible!!! I used a bottle of STP gas treatment, even though it's not good for the fuel lines. Try an octane booster, or some isopropyl alcohol if you think it is water in the gas.
1984 Bronco XLT, 351W H.O., C-6 AT, Ford 9", SkyJ 6" lift, 35" tires on MT Classic rims, S&W Racecars 10-pt cage kit, custom "shaker" assembly.
1988 Bronco Custom, 302 EFI, C-6 AT, Ford 8.8". parting out
1986 Bronco Custom, 300I-6, NP435

#6 Guest_Bronco_In_Ny_*

Guest_Bronco_In_Ny_*

Posted 14 July 2004 - 12:36 AM

I've never heard a ping like this but I put 2 bottles of octane booster is since each bottle is only good for 15gal and I just filled up, I'll see what this does

#7 hawk2100n

hawk2100n

F-Series Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 07:52 PM

never use any of that cheapo-depot gas even if it is premum because i've tryed to save a penny so many times and wound up with water in the fuel filter and the engine kept losing power. save your self the aggrivation and buy good gas.

#8 sweepersrgr8

sweepersrgr8

"GET ER DONE"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 01:06 PM

3 cent more a gallon is only 99 cent a tank, if you're bone dry. I don't get it my wife will drive all the way across town in bumper to bumper traffic to save a penney a gal.
1989 EB Bronco
351W HO EFI
3 Speed Auto

#9 Guest_Bronco_In_Ny_*

Guest_Bronco_In_Ny_*

Posted 16 July 2004 - 05:24 PM

I got the gas from EXXON and all I ever use is 93octane, what I read from another Bronco forum people that had the same Prob and under the same condition it wasn't the motor but was the Cat or I should say the heat shield so thats what I'm going to check next.

Reply to this topic

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users