Which Tailgate Do I Have?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_68fastback_*

Guest_68fastback_*

Posted 09 August 2004 - 01:46 PM

My old 80 Bronco had it's tailgate replaced in the mid 80's. It's now swiss cheese and needs replaced. The only difference I'm told is the desisign of the latches on the sides. One is retangular, the other is more triangular. I need to know which year/style I have to get the right one. Any help/pics would be great. Thanks. :-"

#2 Justshootme84

Justshootme84

F-Series Commander

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • Interests:4wd trucks, hunting, fishing, music

Posted 09 August 2004 - 08:07 PM

Welcome to Bronco Zone!!!

I think I have a few pics of the tailgate latches from my 88 parts Bronco at my supermotors.com gallery I'll see what I can dig up.

I can't really tell from the pic, but it may help. Let me know if you need a better one from my 84. JSM84

http://www.supermoto...=tgparts1-A.jpg
1984 Bronco XLT, 351W H.O., C-6 AT, Ford 9", SkyJ 6" lift, 35" tires on MT Classic rims, S&W Racecars 10-pt cage kit, custom "shaker" assembly.
1988 Bronco Custom, 302 EFI, C-6 AT, Ford 8.8". parting out
1986 Bronco Custom, 300I-6, NP435

#3 Guest_68fastback_*

Guest_68fastback_*

Posted 10 August 2004 - 01:33 AM

Thanks. What I really need is a picture of an open tailgate from either driver or passenger side showing the latch.

#4 Seabronc

Seabronc

F-Series Commander

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 04:41 AM

Haven't got a picture, but looking at the latches on my 83, an OEM gate, the latch is a complete unit and the catches inside appear to be squarish in shape. Not sure that the shape is important if the replacement part has triangular shape and it grabs the striker properly.

Good luck,
:)>-

"I know you think you know what I said, but what you need to know is, I did'nt say what I meant"

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users