Rattle?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_buckinbronk_*

Guest_buckinbronk_*

Posted 16 August 2004 - 05:09 PM

When driving at low speeds I hear a rattle from the exhaust, but when i rev it at stand still i do not hear it. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks

#2 stinger

stinger

F-Series Mechanic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and 4 Wheeling

Posted 16 August 2004 - 05:23 PM

check your hangers and heat shields . the best way to try and find exhaust rattle is with the motor off and get under it and hit the exhaust with your hand and bang it around til you find it. thats how they do it at midas lol
good luck finding it mine did that and it was the heat shield on the catalist converter

#3 Guest_broncoshell_*

Guest_broncoshell_*

Posted 16 August 2004 - 05:46 PM

I would have to agree with stinger. also it could be the honey cone in the converter. you can check it also by banging on the exhaust... good luck!!! :)>-

#4 Guest_buckinbronk_*

Guest_buckinbronk_*

Posted 17 August 2004 - 05:00 PM

I dont think its a problem with the exhaust system itself, i just had it put on about a month or so ago. It really sounds like its something internal in the motor that is shaking. But i will check over the whole exhaust system just to make sure its not a hanger or something else.

#5 Guest_Bronco_In_Ny_*

Guest_Bronco_In_Ny_*

Posted 20 August 2004 - 07:23 AM

Here is a Idea check your smog pump mine was making a rattle noise at slow speeds, to see if thats what your Prop is, just listen to the intake hose of the pump at idel you should be able to hear something there.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users