#1 Guest_Juice_*

Guest_Juice_*

Posted 04 January 2004 - 11:57 PM

oh yea
Posted Image :)

#2 Guest_AMFPT_*

Guest_AMFPT_*

Posted 09 January 2004 - 09:20 PM

A lot of people are poking fun at the new Bronco but I say we should give it a chance first. I am a major fan of the older 4x4's and would take one any day over a newer Bronco but in this day and age, there is not much to choose from if you want a decent 4x4. But I would much rather be seen in a new Bronco than some crappy trailblazer.

#3 Guest_Roger_*

Guest_Roger_*

Posted 18 January 2004 - 02:08 PM

Nice looking rig. Is this for real?, or just something computer generated?
Looks like a cross between an early Bronco and a '70 something IH Scout II.
If it is "real", is it a concept truck from Ford?

Don't tease us with just a photo.

Roger :ph34r:

#4 Guest_Roger_*

Guest_Roger_*

Posted 18 January 2004 - 02:15 PM

ignore the last question. I should have read the older posts first and my questions about this picture would have been answered.

Roger

#5 Guest_CURSED BRONCO_*

Guest_CURSED BRONCO_*

Posted 19 February 2004 - 06:48 PM

i think that the concept for the new bronco is totally awesome.
i hope it goes into production so i can get ahold of one.

#6 davids78bronco

davids78bronco

fabricator extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Interests:Work all day, and build Bronco accessories in my free time. I've built pre-runner and winch bumpers, rock sliders and rear bumpers, w/ or w/o tire carriers, as well as HD cargo racks (not the bolt-to-your-hardtop POS's)

Posted 20 February 2004 - 01:41 AM

IF, God forbid, it does go into production, you'll never get it as it's shown. There won't be a 4cyl diesel for it, there certainly won't be any NOS for it, and I can only HOPE the FWD is a sick and twisted joke

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... the Bronco will never be what it once was, let it die

#7 Guest_Stomper4x4_*

Guest_Stomper4x4_*

Posted 22 February 2004 - 01:04 AM

IF, God forbid, it does go into production, you'll never get it as it's shown.  There won't be a 4cyl diesel for it, there certainly won't be any NOS for it, and I can only HOPE the FWD is a sick and twisted joke

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... the Bronco will never be what it once was, let it die

I agree. No low range? C'mon. It may be nice looking to some folks, but it really is the latest edition of the "Grew out of minivans, my kids left home, I need a 3/4 ton truck to get a bottle of milk home from the store" crowd, JUST like the friggin H2, but, as it sits, less capable if you want to actualy wheel it.
Gawd I dislike new trucks. Why on earth do they think they have to make trucks/cars that do everything for us? Automatic 4wd?? How hard is it to pull a lever???? ANd, the additional cost manufacturing the vehicle, with all that garbage, vs. just making a lever. I saw a hybrid car the other day. The think had this doohicky that you put on the keychain. It senses when you are close to the car and unlocks the doors for you. Cool? yeah I guess, but again, Adds cost to the car. We all, for the most part, like to work on our rigs at home. How are we going to work on these things in 10-20 years? We won't. Disposable cars is what they are. EXPENSIVE disposable cars.
Oh well, I'll shut up now. Like David said, it won't change. The future is here.
Save the Bronco you drive now. Baby it, care for it, rebuild it. You'll never buy a new truck like that ever again.

#8 Justshootme84

Justshootme84

F-Series Commander

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • Interests:4wd trucks, hunting, fishing, music

Posted 22 February 2004 - 08:10 PM

Well said! While I like the overall concept of the "new" Bronco and it's cues to the EB styling, I won't spend $40K on a new vehicle of any kind. Call me a conservative, but I'm old school and prefer to drive 4x4's from 20-30 years ago. I'm not too lazy to pull a shift lever or get out and lock the hubs and get my Gucci's muddy!!!
1984 Bronco XLT, 351W H.O., C-6 AT, Ford 9", SkyJ 6" lift, 35" tires on MT Classic rims, S&W Racecars 10-pt cage kit, custom "shaker" assembly.
1988 Bronco Custom, 302 EFI, C-6 AT, Ford 8.8". parting out
1986 Bronco Custom, 300I-6, NP435

#9 Shadow_D

Shadow_D

F-Series Pimp

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Favorite F-Series Year?:1999

Posted 17 March 2004 - 09:09 PM

I like the new Bronco. It does need a little cleaning up and it really should use the older drive-line but it needs to have the removable hardtop and 25+ MPG! All the auto manufacturers have the ability to build a fuel efficient vehicle capable of 30+ MPG but they won't not can't.

Tell Ford what you think. Bronco Driver Magazine has the scoop on it.
http://www.broncodriver.com/index.html
90 Bronco Full Size
Police Package
351W
E4OD
31" Tires
Going through a complete restore

http://fullsizebronc...ail.php?id=1650

#10 Shadow_D

Shadow_D

F-Series Pimp

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 05:14 AM

Anyone living in the Albany NY area be sure to go to the Auto Show at the Pepsi Arena this weekend (April 2,3 & 4) to check this thing out.
90 Bronco Full Size
Police Package
351W
E4OD
31" Tires

#11 Sorny

Sorny

F-Series Mechanic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:Welding, Automotive, Computers.

Posted 31 March 2004 - 08:06 AM

Well I don't mind the body style, the only thing that I don't like is the desiel 4cyl. Bersonally I feel that is should be a mild V8 under the hood beacuse that is what makes a bronco a bronco.

#12 Shadow_D

Shadow_D

F-Series Pimp

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 08:55 AM

I have seen the new Bronco and it is good.

I went to the Albany NY Auto Show to check out all of the new cars and trucks but I found myself spending most of the time going over the 2005 Concept Bronco.
The more I looked at it, the more I like it.
I do have to admit I am not a big fan of the 2.0L Turbo Diesel w/ NOS for 2 reasons, 1 diesel fuel is not as easy to get as gasoline and 2 where the heck am I going to get the nitrous bottle filled?
I feel it should have at least a V6 capable of 35+ MPG and the price should be affordable for everyone.
Something else I am not too sure about is the fact that it is 80% aluminum. Yea it looks real good but how is it going to hold up when I take this thing from the dealership lot to the backwoods in my area? Will it take it or am I going to need to replace parts every weekend?
I do like the built in winch and big "mud type" tires plus it looks like it has the removable roof both front and back.
They put the "quad suspension" shocks on the rear and what looks like struts up front, again all aluminum. It also has a full length skid plate which is and isn't a good idea, one it will help protect everything underneath but it will make it easy to get hung up on rocks if you catch them just right also it will make more work for us to work on the driveline.

It looks like Ford did try to think about the "off roaders" when they designed the new Bronco, but they do have to make some changes before they release it.

I was told Ford is thinking about a 2006 release for this beast

I will get some pictures up when I get them developed and on disk.
90 Bronco Full Size
Police Package
351W
E4OD
31" Tires

#13 Shadow_D

Shadow_D

F-Series Pimp

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 06:35 AM

Well I finally got the pics on disk so here they are...
Posted Image
90 Bronco Full Size
Police Package
351W
E4OD
31" Tires

#14 Shadow_D

Shadow_D

F-Series Pimp

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 06:36 AM

Posted Image
90 Bronco Full Size
Police Package
351W
E4OD
31" Tires

#15 Shadow_D

Shadow_D

F-Series Pimp

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 06:39 AM

Posted Image
I hope they change some stuff on it. As you can see everything is aluminum.
The 2 square spots in the skid plate (which goes from the front to the back) are the exhaust ports.
90 Bronco Full Size
Police Package
351W
E4OD
31" Tires

#16 Shadow_D

Shadow_D

F-Series Pimp

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 06:40 AM

Posted Image
All the tan inside is leather!
90 Bronco Full Size
Police Package
351W
E4OD
31" Tires

#17 Shadow_D

Shadow_D

F-Series Pimp

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 06:41 AM

Posted Image
90 Bronco Full Size
Police Package
351W
E4OD
31" Tires

#18 Shadow_D

Shadow_D

F-Series Pimp

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 06:43 AM

Posted Image
It may be hard to see but they put the "bucking Bronco" in the dash between the tach and speedo.
90 Bronco Full Size
Police Package
351W
E4OD
31" Tires

#19 Shadow_D

Shadow_D

F-Series Pimp

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 06:51 AM

Keep in mind, this is the CONCEPT Bronco! Things are going to change.
I wasn't a fan of the diesel motor at first but with the price of gas clearing $2.00 per gallon and diesel being about $1.85 per gallon it might be a good idea. Maybe Ford knew about this when they came up with this idea.

I hope they do and don't leave all that aluminum, I like the way it looks but I don't know if it will hold up the the off roading.
Ford couldn't give me a ballpark price on this beast but I've heard it will be close to $40,000. I hope I heard wrong.
90 Bronco Full Size
Police Package
351W
E4OD
31" Tires

#20 Guest_Tremangfoo_*

Guest_Tremangfoo_*

Posted 15 May 2004 - 09:04 AM

$40 grand??? Holy crap! I'd swear I read it was supposed to be priced more in the entry-level SUV price range, around that of the Escape. Hmm. You know, at first I was set off by the fact the vehicle had a diesel producing only 120 or so HP, then I remembered that the V-8 GM motor in the good ol' Army HMMWV (a.k.a. Hummer) only produces 150 HP. Of course, the Hummer is a dog when it comes to get up and go, but it produces ample torque; So I am guessing the four-banger in the concept Bronco probably produces acceptable torque for a vehicle of its size. The drivetrain...what was Ford thinking?!? Front wheel drive? Maybe that is some design consolation to make the vehicle more fuel efficent.

However, this is all moot.

The truck, if put into production, would undoubtably not have the super-duper hi-tech diesel motor. Ford will have to use as many off-the-shelf parts as possible, and they certainly are not going to lay out the massive $$$ to develope an all-new from the ground up platform for a nich (read: low production #s compaired to, say, the F-150) vehicle. In all likelyhood, they will rebadge an Escape (which is basically a car), slap new body-panels on it, offer the same V-6 engines available in every other Ford product, and call it the 2006 Bronco. This is my guess, at least. You guys are right...the days of tough, go-anywhere, utilitarian vehicles are over. If you have a Bronco, don't let it go.

Me? Well, I like the look well enough in its "concept" format. However, I don't see myself driving what is likely to be offered as the "new" Bronco. Sorry, new vehicles these days are just too damn expensive for my tastes. I bought (well...leased) a brand new Exploder in 2001. Fourteen months later I woke up one day and realized just how much money I was forkin' over each month for that truck. In addition, I was disgusted with the electrical problems, the hideous build quality (particularly the interior), the tire recall fiasco (the tires put as replacements were worse than the stockers - by the time I took it back to the dealership it was on its 3rd set of rubber), the horrible ride quality, the cramped cabin, the pitiful 4wd capabilities (yes, it was one of those rare 4wd models!), and so on. So I took it back, paid off the lease (in 14 months, with 16,000 miles on it and in perfect condition, its retail value was one-half of what I got it for) and rode my motorcycle for nearly two months while I searched for the truck I had wanted since I was a kid...a big honkin' Bronco. I found my '95 Eddie Bauer with only 62,000 miles on it and in excellent condition. I now drive a paid off truck that I can actually work on when something goes wrong (to date, the only thing I've had to do is rebuild the rear diff, and me and a co-worker did the job), that has some balls under the hood, that will go just about anywhere, and that my kids love to ride in. Sure, it doesn't get the greatest fuel economy, but hey, I live in a small town and I don't live but 10 miles from the office. So, in a nutshell, the big "old" Bronco works for me and I love it. The money I save from not having a monthly truck payment helped me build my dream house out in the country last summer. So, as it stands right now, I'd probably have to pass on the concept Bronco, especially if it is $30,000+. (Now, if they based a new Bronco on the F-150 platform...that may be a different story.)

Peace.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users