6 replies to this topic

#1 bigbad79

bigbad79

It's Only Money, Right?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 02:31 PM

ok i know exactly how to do everything except mounting the snorkel to the carb. i dont have one of those old air cleaners to weld closed for a seal all i have to work with is a truck avenger carb so any ideas on securing a PVC elbow on top of carb? testimonials, pics, links, anything!

#2 Broncoholics

Broncoholics

Broncoholics

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Interests:4-Wheeling!

Posted 21 October 2004 - 07:16 AM

If its a 90 deg elbow, drill a hole on the top to allow a longer rod to come up thru to help hold it down. Use a rubber seal around the base of the pipe connecting to the carb.
Wheel it like you stole it!

#3 bigbad79

bigbad79

It's Only Money, Right?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 05:07 PM

thats a good idea the only problem is finding PVC to fit the top of the carb. its not a easy 4'' but 4.25 or 5 1/8'' so it wont sit properly over the carb. but really good idea. i wanna try and do something with that in mind

#4 Broncoholics

Broncoholics

Broncoholics

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Interests:4-Wheeling!

Posted 22 October 2004 - 08:00 AM

What about those rubber Ferncos (I thinks thats the name) they have a hose clamp on each end and have different sizes to fit to outer diameter of PVC pipe. Your carb might be close to one of those sizes. You can find these in any hardware stores or pipe supply joints.

Another idea is to pvc glue another larger pipe around the end of the inner pipe that is slightly too small. Pipe supply stores will have more options than a Hardware Store.
Wheel it like you stole it!

#5 davids78bronco

davids78bronco

fabricator extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Interests:Work all day, and build Bronco accessories in my free time. I've built pre-runner and winch bumpers, rock sliders and rear bumpers, w/ or w/o tire carriers, as well as HD cargo racks (not the bolt-to-your-hardtop POS's)

Posted 23 October 2004 - 06:45 PM

make your own air box. It's not that hard. Top and bottom lid, from a 9" open element air cleaner, some sheet metal, to close it in, and the "snorkel" fitting

Got pictures of yours?

#6 Guest_custom_78_*

Guest_custom_78_*

Posted 23 October 2004 - 08:53 PM

You can also use a plastic carb top cover and drill a hole in it

#7 bigbad79

bigbad79

It's Only Money, Right?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 06:51 PM

good ideas guys. i think i'm best off makin my owns airbox, seems like i cant get anything to sit on top of my carb the way i want it to so i'll just use a normal carb base and buils off that

Reply to this topic

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users