#1 big yeller

big yeller

Duck Tape L'fixer :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Paintball and My 77 Ford truck

Posted 24 October 2004 - 09:03 PM

I have a 1977 with 351/400 C6 with 205 transfer case and I am looking for headers that dont hang so low out from under the frame.If anyone knows please post cause I really dont want to run the stock manifolds again.Thanks Sean

#2 77 crummy

77 crummy

Duck Tape L'fixer :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 08:39 PM

I have a 1977 with 351/400 C6 with 205 transfer case and I am looking for headers that dont hang so low out from under the frame.If anyone knows please post cause I really dont want to run the stock manifolds again.Thanks Sean

There are headers made that exit thru the fender wells. You would have some exuast mods to go that route. Im not 100% but i thing hedman makes them.

#3 jim4

jim4

Where's My Hammer!?!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 09:46 AM

Sean,
I am also looking for headers. I have found a company that the owner is very responsive and seems to have one heck of a good header for our application. He has tri y headers and explains why they are better than regular headers. He also has them in chrome and ceramic. Look at his site and good luck. I have a f250 1976 4x4. Here is his web site. Good luck.

JIM

www.stans-headers.com

#4 stefan murgel

stefan murgel

Where's My Hammer!?!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 11:50 AM

why not look for a set of short headers that only drop to oil pan height. that way the rest of the piping is up to you. almsot like the stock manifold only with mandrel bent tubing and ect. i feel that would be the best route for your application. summit i believe carries a short set of headers or im sure autozone or schucks or kragers would have some.

#5 Bertha77

Bertha77

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 02:49 PM

Try L&L headers, they make shortys for our trucks.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users