Help...

3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Giantmover_*

Guest_Giantmover_*

Posted 12 February 2004 - 01:05 PM

I have a 1986 ford ranger with a 2.9 v6. When i am driving down the road the truck will act like its not getting fuel. I then push in the clutch and hit the fuel and it goes back to normal. Also when i come to a stop the idle will go up and down then stall. When I restart it runs fine anyone have any ideas please respond. Thanks

#2 shaun94

shaun94

bronco commander

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Interests:playing in the MUDD!!!!!!!!!

Posted 20 February 2004 - 11:51 AM

You might have a small clog in you're fuel filter, You might also want to check you 're plugs and wires.
1988 fsb
rebuilt reman 351
32 inch tires
cd player
flowmaster exhaust
c6 transmission

#3 Guest_commrad_*

Guest_commrad_*

Posted 26 February 2004 - 10:22 AM

My F-150 had the same problem after a hard run in the woods, after new filters and both fuel pumps replaced I found the problem, the POS hard plastic fuel line had a small kink in at where it came out of a bracket which made it very hard to see (saw it by accident while working on something else). The best way I can think of to check if you have a flow problem is to install a preasure gage on the fuel rail, turn the key on and off a few times and note the preasure (even with a kink after this it should be close to correct, if not i'ld check the high preasure punp), then run your truck, make it fail, cut off what ever it does, cut the key off and look to see if the fuel preasure is very low or normal, if normal it's most likely the injection system, if it's low your starveing your engine

the easy way to keep an eye on the gage- I removed the core from the fuel rail port, slipped a piece of braided hose over it and clamped it, fed it thru the opening at the hood and the cowl and attached a 80 psi oil preasure gage that I had missplaced the hardware for and was going to toss anyway, a piece of duct tape later i had a fuel preasure gage right in front of me to keep an eye on and see how my preasure was reacting to different sittuations.

yes, i remmoved the gage and duct tape, my friends all said leave it but nah, it wasn't camo duct tape :D

#4 highboy73

highboy73

FORDing thru life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 08:10 PM

what about you throttle position sensor?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users