Hit And Run On My Bronco...pics...

15 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_mustangman65_79_*

Guest_mustangman65_79_*

Posted 07 November 2004 - 06:19 AM

Here's the story. It was about 415 a.m. and I was getting ready for bed. Just as I'm about to lay down for the night. I heard a lot crash, more of a crapmle of metal, and then my alarm go off. I knew right off the bat it was my truck, because I know my alarm. So I threw on a pair of shorts and walked outside as fast as I could so that I could see the vehicale.

I get out there, barefoot and no shirt, in 41 deg weather, and see a Red '98 or so Dodge pickup rammed into the side of my bronco. Then the backup lights come on, so I start yelling at him and run at the truck, try to open the door, but go fiqure, it's looked. Well, he rolls down the window and a huge wiff of Jack and vodka come screaming out. I almost gaged at the fumes. The truck is still running, so I reach in and turn it off and try to pull out the keys, damn dodge key locks, won't u know that it wouldn't come out. I keep trying to pull out the key while talking to them. They couldn't even talk back they were so drunk, it was like 1 word, pause, another, pause, and so forth.

It was two mexicans that were in there. The driver was a skinny, looked to be a short guy, and the passenger was a larger, almost fat guy, looked just like the guy from men in black when the alien was riding in the van and they took him out and had to shoot him. The long curly haired mexican. Anyways...

Now both of them are trying to get my hands off of the keys, and this was my left hand with my bad finger, so I couldn't grab the key enough to yank off the others. Still talking to them, trying not to gag, they r now talking about moving the truck out of the. I was trying my best to convince them that it would be a bad idea to move the truck anywhere.

Then they say that they want to drive the truck to a friends house just down the street. I again told them that it would be a bad idea, that would be considered a hit & run.

They kept fighting my for the keys and it was hurting my finger more and more, so finally I let go, walked behind the truck, got the plate #, and went in to call the cops.

As I was walking in, I heard the truck start up, and screem away. I then called the cops and told them I just had a Hit & Run.

The cops showed up, drove around trying to find him, with no luck, but they did have an address from the plate #'s I gave them. They will give me a call sometime today letting me know what they found out.

Body damage isn't too bad, can be repaired, but the front axle is all fucked up. The drivers side is pushed forward, and the pas side is pushed back. From the pics u can see it is sitting about a foot up on the curb, almost 2 feet from where it was sitting.

I left the pics full size because i wanted all the detail to show.

Get ready to be sick.

Hit and Run Pics

#2 Guest_Yellow 72_*

Guest_Yellow 72_*

Posted 07 November 2004 - 06:42 AM

:(( So sorry hope you get enough insurance money to fix it. post some more stuff about it when the cops call.

#3 Guest_mustangman65_79_*

Guest_mustangman65_79_*

Posted 07 November 2004 - 06:43 AM

yea, I will keep u guys updated.

#4 Guest_mustangman65_79_*

Guest_mustangman65_79_*

Posted 07 November 2004 - 02:26 PM

cops still havn't found them yet.

#5 Guest_BigNasty_*

Guest_BigNasty_*

Posted 07 November 2004 - 05:13 PM

Wow.. talk about huge pics :)

Never fully loaded and I'm on cable :)

I have my own thoughts of the not quite so legal issues going on all over with the usually not so legal immigrants...
I won't delve too deeply here due to my views having a way of getting under peoples skin very easily ;)

We have the same exact issues here, crime rates have increased, property damage crimes have increased, hit and runs, rapes etc... my county alone was around 80% illegals in the 2000 cencus..

I have only one word for it all... deportation.

#6 Guest_mustangman65_79_*

Guest_mustangman65_79_*

Posted 07 November 2004 - 09:11 PM

the pics r now fixed

#7 hawk2100n

hawk2100n

F-Series Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 05:11 PM

consider yourself lucky. they only really grazed your truck. at least they werent going fast or it could have been a total loss. it might make you think twice about paking on the street from now on. good luck with police and insurance.

#8 88pimpin

88pimpin

Postwhore, Pimpin Ain't Easy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Interests:Muscle cars, chicks, stereos, women, trucks, women.

Posted 24 November 2004 - 02:56 PM

So how it go?

I've heard worse stories. Had a few people tell me about their T-Birds getting stolen. One guy, they caught the guys racing it around. They took out the entire stereo and had broken one of the windows. Another guy, they completely stripped the vehicle of the stereo and wheels and he got it back on a flatbed truck.

Benjamin' 07/30/82 Christian - '02 Ninja 250R '99 Honda XR 80
1989 Ranger 2.9L V6 5-speed 4x4, 1995 S-10 2.0L POS

#9 Wliebhard

Wliebhard

F-Series Mechanic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:Mtn. Biking, Family, Making engines fit that shouldn't.

Posted 24 November 2004 - 10:16 PM

:o Dude I'm so sorry for you! I've had my '87 Stang GT stolen then rolled when the WA state police got into a high speed pursuit with it, but not before they stripped the interior including my $4800 stereo. :mad:

If you want to sell those wheels and tires... :-" Just kidding!

Any way, hope you get it fixed and I really hope the cops get those guys!!
1985 Bronco, '95 Cummins 12v, 47RE tranny, NP241HD T-case, 31" MT, 3" body lift, more to come...

#10 Guest_f250rangerexplorer_*

Guest_f250rangerexplorer_*

Posted 24 November 2004 - 11:55 PM

Thats ridiculous. i would have unlocked the door and beat hell out of the guy but thats just me. i'm extremely protective over my rig. I can't stand people that get drunk to were they can't see straight and drive. i damn near beat hell out of a good friend for drinking and driving. the only reason i didn't is cause him and i are the best of friends. He coulda kicked my ass but thats what it would have taken for him to get in that truck.

#11 Guest_Fordzilla_*

Guest_Fordzilla_*

Posted 26 November 2004 - 10:56 AM

Mustangman:
A few words of advice. Continue to call your local P.D. to inquire as to the status of the case. If you can identify the driver, stress that fact. (if you can't, the chances of the law catching up to these guys is gone) If the case is not getting worked, continue calling (but be polite) and ask for the name of the investigator assigned the to case. If you still can't get anything done, go to the P.D. and ask for a copy of the report. You might have to do a little detective work yourself, like going by the address on the registration of the vehicle. (if your state form is like ours, it will list the registration information of the other vehicle on the report.) Take notes about the vehicle, tag, where the body damage should be, etc., for yourself, so you don't forget. If you find the vehicle at the address, call the P.D. and ask them to havea unit meet you there. Confronting the owners alone presents some problems and dangers.
Unfortunately, especially this time of the year, police are busy with armed robberies, burglaries, assaults, scammers, rapes, murders, etc., and they will have to prioritize their cases based on their resources, so you can see how a hit and run with no injured victims looses priority pretty quickly. That's why I recommend calling them back. Sometimes the squeakiest wheel gets the grease, if you take my meaning.
Good luck.

#12 grande_guerre

grande_guerre

grande mondiale

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Interests:Broncos (of course), loud speakers, snowboarding, guitar, cars in general

Posted 29 November 2004 - 10:47 PM

Man, sorry to hear about your loss and good luck with the cops, they didn't do anything for me when my garage got broken into and 300 dollars of tools got stolen and not to mention some parts for my bronco. but i guess they do have to prioritize their jobs. Anyways, i really like how you did the exhaust. How much work did it take and about how much money?

#13 admin

admin

Tech Support

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 15 December 2004 - 03:45 PM

The flame war that took place here was unacceptable, lets not let it happen again!

Dana
Make sure to add images of your truck to your personal photo album!!!

#14 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*

Posted 15 December 2004 - 05:09 PM

Flame war? Did I miss something?

#15 B_Cack

B_Cack

Where's My Hammer!?!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 08:52 PM

Yeah what is a "flame war"? WTF over?

#16 admin

admin

Tech Support

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 06:31 PM

I deleted all the posts but basically people were making racial accusations in a very derrogitory manner.

Dana
Make sure to add images of your truck to your personal photo album!!!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users