Gas Guage Help

3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Thomas 714_*

Guest_Thomas 714_*

Posted 12 February 2004 - 07:59 PM

:( The gas guage does not work on my 79 bronco. I have power to the wires at the sending unit wire end. ( It's a pulsating power. ) Should the power be pulsating? I am tring to get some info on this before I pull the gas tank. The person that had the bronco before me welded a reese hitch in back. And I will need to cut it off the frame to get to the tank. Please help

#2 Txquadhunter

Txquadhunter

F-Series Maniac

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 08:13 PM

i'll be willing to bet your trouble doesn't fail in the wires since ya got power. the circent board on the back of these old beeats gets brittle and crack. try hittin a few wrecking yards for a good gauge cluster it'll probably fix ya right up!

#3 davids78bronco

davids78bronco

fabricator extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Interests:Work all day, and build Bronco accessories in my free time. I've built pre-runner and winch bumpers, rock sliders and rear bumpers, w/ or w/o tire carriers, as well as HD cargo racks (not the bolt-to-your-hardtop POS's)

Posted 12 February 2004 - 11:20 PM

I had the same problem, and did the same thing txquad suggested - swap out the guage cluster... worked like a charm

#4 Guest_Thomas 714_*

Guest_Thomas 714_*

Posted 15 February 2004 - 04:18 PM

:rolleyes: Fell I found out why my gas guage did not work. The float was bad on the sending unit. I was going to replace the guage cluster. But I had power to the gas guage. So I pulled the gas tank and there it was, the float.
Thanks to everyone who wanted to help me out.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users