14 replies to this topic

#1 B-Cack

B-Cack

Duck Tape L'fixer :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 11:40 PM

So has everyone seen the concept Bronco that was on tour in all the new auto shows? Here is the link http://www.fordvehic...concept/bronco/
I think it is pretty sweet, just wondering in anyone has heard any news about this fantasy becoming a reality?

#2 Guest_bro_*

Guest_bro_*

Posted 28 November 2004 - 06:57 PM

?...........................................

#3 dirt

dirt

It's Only Money, Right?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 10:32 AM

it needs to be fullsize

#4 Bradt

Bradt

F-Series Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 11:03 AM

It looks like a Hummer mated with a Jeep to me.

Either that, or a kiddie toy:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Just a little similar don't you think?

Brad

#5 grande_guerre

grande_guerre

grande mondiale

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Interests:Broncos (of course), loud speakers, snowboarding, guitar, cars in general

Posted 29 November 2004 - 10:10 PM

I like how it looks, but i also think it'll be a yuppie-mobile, if it ever becomes a reality. I highly doubt they'll bring the bronco back to life though...

#6 Guest_Guest_B-Cack_*

Guest_Guest_B-Cack_*

Posted 29 November 2004 - 11:57 PM

Yeah, I think it will just be a pipe dream, although I am not sure if it would live up to "soccer mom" standards....... Ford's just aren't POSH enough I guess... maybe if it was an import

#7 Guest_BlancoBronco_*

Guest_BlancoBronco_*

Posted 30 November 2004 - 12:15 AM

:D/ I heard it was a go!!!
That FORD approved it for 2006..
Its got good approch & departcher angles on it...
I look at it & try to imagine all sorts of cool upgrades..
cant you guys see them? :-B

#8 Guest_Guest_B-Cack_*

Guest_Guest_B-Cack_*

Posted 30 November 2004 - 12:29 AM

I am curious to know if the are really going to drop in a diesel or if they will just go with the same engines they have in the exploders....... I would seriously consider getting one, unless they are outrageously priced....... I would love to see it happen

#9 Bradt

Bradt

F-Series Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 08:46 AM

:D/ I heard it was a go!!!
That FORD approved it for 2006..
Its got good approch & departcher angles on it...
I look at it & try to imagine all sorts of cool upgrades..
cant you guys see them? :-B

To each their own I guess.

I can see it just like I can understand people putting $500 wheels on a daewoo.

I guess it's not a bad design if you like that sort of thing. I just miss the days when trucks looked like trucks, and you could buy them for a decent price.

Brad

#10 Guest_Guest_B-Cack_*

Guest_Guest_B-Cack_*

Posted 30 November 2004 - 11:51 PM

Brad, with a name like "Bronco Pimp"' I would think you would have lots of "benjamins" to throw around........ just messing with ya, Yeah, I am sure it will be priced outrageously, but hey, times are changing.... I too miss the days when a truck was all metal and instead of airbags you had six feet of steel and a 351 to keep you safe

#11 88pimpin

88pimpin

Postwhore, Pimpin Ain't Easy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Interests:Muscle cars, chicks, stereos, women, trucks, women.

Posted 01 December 2004 - 01:30 PM

Ya, it's too blocky and simple looking. I think a different color would look better, too. Some sort of contrast.

Benjamin' 07/30/82 Christian - '02 Ninja 250R '99 Honda XR 80
1989 Ranger 2.9L V6 5-speed 4x4, 1995 S-10 2.0L POS

#12 fbrown3

fbrown3

F-Series Mechanic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,Fishing and spending outdoor time with my boys, playing with the BII

Posted 01 December 2004 - 07:19 PM

:o That grill has got to go and the brush guard looks like it is going to tip the thing over :)) other than that it doesn't look too bad :wacko: I agree with you all about the old trucks they take abuse a lot better than the new ones do. Now just about every thing is a unibody wich we all know does not handle stress too well, or serious work. :-&

#13 B-Cack

B-Cack

Duck Tape L'fixer :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 12:00 AM

Yeah I seriously doubt them putting that grill on a production model, and as far as color goes, I am sure it would be offered in a variety... naturally.....I am sure it would be a "pimp mobile" if you put some flatscreen TV's and a few DVD players in it... not to mention a PS2..... because that is important....... maybe a cotton candy machine in the back... you know just so you can say you are the first guy in the block to have one!

#14 88pimpin

88pimpin

Postwhore, Pimpin Ain't Easy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Interests:Muscle cars, chicks, stereos, women, trucks, women.

Posted 02 December 2004 - 09:10 AM

I say install an old Zenith console TV. :)) I've seen an old delivery van, 30s-40s, with one in the back in Lowrider Magazine. :D TVs and DVD players are easy to install. I could do a PS2 but I didn't like mine too much and needed money, so I sold it. I would like to play games, but I'd rather just buy a DVD player and a PSX(PS1) and it'd be cheaper than a PS2. I could even try a home DVD player, just put a lot of padding around it, and it'd cost under $100 for the pair. You can get a decent screen for around $100.

Since my console is so big, I'll probably mount them in there, and then mount the screen on the top, or mount it underneath and have some plexiglass on top to protect the screen. You know, cut a hole in the console, mount the screen someway, maybe use some screws on the back of it to screw it in to the underneath of the console, put some of that door ding gaurd around the edges cut at 45* angles on the ends so there's no gaps, then screw the plexiglass down on top with some chrome screws to protect the screen and keep crap from falling in on the screen.

You have to pre-drill the plexiglass, and it would be better to use a small round stone-grinding attatchment with a Dremel to make the hole, since cutting with something other than a razor making many passes will brake the plexiglass, but melting like with the stone attatchment or a grinder will just heat it up and cut it where you want it too, which works fine and won't break it.

Benjamin' 07/30/82 Christian - '02 Ninja 250R '99 Honda XR 80
1989 Ranger 2.9L V6 5-speed 4x4, 1995 S-10 2.0L POS

#15 Guest_Guest_B-Cack_*

Guest_Guest_B-Cack_*

Posted 02 December 2004 - 10:20 PM

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha,. sounds like you have done this once or twice.... while you are at it, can you just build me a plexiglass box I can put a midget into? Then I can just have him dress up like a mime and try to get out of the box while I "pimp" my Bronco around.... right after I put on some 22's with spinners???/ Yeah.............

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users