3 replies to this topic

#1 texan79&96

texan79&96

It's Only Money, Right?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 06:32 PM

i have a np435 with a 205 behind it and acces to an m-block bellhousing. does the linkage haev to be from a 4wd? ive heard that not all 400s accept a manual tranny. is there anything that needs to be done to the steering column? i am wanting to swap out the c6 for the granny gear. thanks

#2 Ziggy

Ziggy

F-Series Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 09:41 PM

If I read this right, you want to replace the C6 with a NP435 and need to know what you need. First you will need the clutch linkage assembly (pedal, mounting bracket, linkage, linkage mounts, throw out fork) from a donar truck. You will need to change the fly wheel to a manual and install the pilot bearing in the crank. You will probably need to change the tranny mounts as the manual may not share the same as the auto. And then you will have to think about drive shafts, if you change the location of the transfer case (fwd or back), this will require new drive shafts.

I thought about doing the same thing till I rebuilt my C6, put a shift kit in and a heavy duty torque convertor. Plus watching my friend off road and listening to him bitch about his manual tranny and how he wanted an automatic.

#3 4xfan78

4xfan78

F-Series Pimp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • Interests:Anything Ford prefer 78-79 bronco<br>The bigger the better

Posted 01 December 2004 - 07:01 AM

There might be alot to change but its not that bad parts are easy to get. It will not be a one day job but I think it would be worth it. The way I look at it a clutch is alot cheaper to replace than an automatic trans. Plus the advantages of having granny gear. Between bronco graveyard and lmc truck you will be able to get all the parts that you need, if some of us do not have them.
GOT MUD?

#4 crazydave1978

crazydave1978

Duck Tape L'fixer :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 05:29 PM

hey i recently did that with my 79 F-250 you need the pedal assembly,brake booster,linkage all from a donor truck. as far as tranny mounts if ur trannys is bolted to the transfer the your crossmember should have a pice on it where the rubber is take the bolts out of it andturn it around and it will work next ur from drive shaft will be to long and the rear to short. if the front has a cv join take it out and just use the stock u joint the rear you can cut down a 2wd shaft and have ur slip joint welded on or have a new one built. then you have to bypass the nuetral safety switch which depends on the year of the truck. thats pretty much it

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users