Electric Fan

2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_snowman_*

Guest_snowman_*

Posted 17 February 2004 - 06:43 PM

Would anyone recommend installing an Electric Fan to cool the radiator. If so which one?

#2 Guest_azrockrat_*

Guest_azrockrat_*

Posted 17 February 2004 - 06:52 PM

yes i would recommend installing one i have on in my 87 and love it when i am out wheeling and speeds are well............. lizards are passing me , but any way mine is from a jeep. i have heard people pulling them from all types of cars

#3 Txquadhunter

Txquadhunter

F-Series Maniac

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 07:46 PM

As AZ did you can pull a elc. fan from another type of car or truck. when selecting the right fan besure you find one or more to cover the most area of your rad. for best cooling. just be sure you mount them right from the 2 styles you find "pushers and pullers" pushers you'll mount in fornt of the rad. to push air thru and pullers mount on the rear to pull air thru. as for hooking them up is up to you. they sale a kit that'll turn them on at a given tempure and shut off after it cools below that temp even after you shut your motor off. then offroads hook them up on a toggle switch so we can switch them on/off as needed. this way if where in deep mud/water we can shut them off to keep from sucking the blades into the rad. or leave them on until well after we shut the motor off to cool. plus it'll allow us to shut them off at speeds when the air moving thru keeps it cool or turn them on when setting at a stand still. also you can hook them up both ways where they turn on/off on there own and have a toggle to shut power off when needed. just if you do it by a manual switch dont forget and leave em running to come back to a dead battery.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users