8 replies to this topic

#1 repo_man

repo_man

Where's My Hammer!?!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 08:11 PM

hey all, i'm new to this site and kinda new to the bronco family... i'm origionally from ohio and i've been working on cars since i was a kid, had a couple jobs at ford and dodge dealerships while i was in vocational school taking auto tech. a couple years ago i had a 95 f150 4wd and i got rid of it, then this past april i bought my 86 bronco and have been wrenching on it since and i love it. i also have a 98 trans am with a few things done to it. i'm planning on doing a 6" lift (on top of my 3" body lift) in the next month or two and getting some new rims and tires. i'm active duty air force stationed at langley afb va.. i'm also a member of fullsizebronco.com and this site seems really cool so i thought i'd join and hopefully meet some new people in the bronc family.

my bronco is an 86 xlt, 9" rear, 351w, c6, edelbrock performer intake, edelbrock 1400 carb, 3" body lift, 35's, taurus elect fan, g3 alt., headman full length headers

Edited by repo_man, 17 January 2005 - 08:25 PM.

#2 Bronco Bull

Bronco Bull

F-Series Mechanic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:Broncos, Trucks, Computers

Posted 17 January 2005 - 09:19 PM

Hey! Welcome! You have now entered the zone... Get some pics up soon. Lifting a bronco is the best decision you will ever make <):)

Posted Image

#3 Justshootme84

Justshootme84

F-Series Commander

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • Interests:4wd trucks, hunting, fishing, music

Posted 17 January 2005 - 10:34 PM

Welcome to Bronco Zone!!! Enjoy the 86 Bronco, and good luck with the lift.
1984 Bronco XLT, 351W H.O., C-6 AT, Ford 9", SkyJ 6" lift, 35" tires on MT Classic rims, S&W Racecars 10-pt cage kit, custom "shaker" assembly.
1988 Bronco Custom, 302 EFI, C-6 AT, Ford 8.8". parting out
1986 Bronco Custom, 300I-6, NP435

#4 Seabronc

Seabronc

F-Series Commander

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 05:34 AM

Welcome to the Zone, sounds like a nice truck. How does that fan work out in the summer?

Good luck,

:)>-

"I know you think you know what I said, but what you need to know is, I did'nt say what I meant"

#5 EB Bronco

EB Bronco

It's Only Money, Right?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 08:22 AM

Welcome to the Zone. Lots of info and help here.

Roger

#6 repo_man

repo_man

Where's My Hammer!?!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 01:44 PM

thanx for the warm welcomes... i just ordered a dick cepek series 2 6", and sky shackle flip kit. i cant wait to install that stuff.. i'll get some pics probably after my lift so i can get b4 and after shots... yeah the body on the bronc isnt in the greatest shape but i'll probably fix that around spingtime... seabronc, i expected the fan to work better than it does.. anyway i went to the local pick it yard and got some dual fans from an olds that i'm gonna put on when it gets warmer...again thanx for the welcome fellas. :)

Edited by repo_man, 18 January 2005 - 01:50 PM.

#7 Justshootme84

Justshootme84

F-Series Commander

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • Interests:4wd trucks, hunting, fishing, music

Posted 18 January 2005 - 06:53 PM

Where did you find a Dick Cepek lift kit??? The company quit making them a few years ago, and performanceunlimited.com was the only place left to buy one. I passed on the deal and got my Skyjacker kit, but still feel that the DC kit was the bestest and strongest kit made.
1984 Bronco XLT, 351W H.O., C-6 AT, Ford 9", SkyJ 6" lift, 35" tires on MT Classic rims, S&W Racecars 10-pt cage kit, custom "shaker" assembly.
1988 Bronco Custom, 302 EFI, C-6 AT, Ford 8.8". parting out
1986 Bronco Custom, 300I-6, NP435

#8 BroncoDubs

BroncoDubs

Duck Tape L'fixer :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 07:26 PM

Welcome aboard! Your truck sounds great cant wait to see some pics.

Thanks for serving our country. :)>-

#9 repo_man

repo_man

Where's My Hammer!?!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 08:06 PM

here's a site the sells dick cepek lifts

broncodubs, thanx for your support.....it's the support from yall that makes us happy to do what we do... the bronc is a work in progress but who's isnt :D i'll get some pics up soon....

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users