2 replies to this topic

#1 spartan117_mc

spartan117_mc

Where's My Hammer!?!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 10:52 AM

I have a '78 F-100 and the heater is acting funny. Whenever it is turned on it makes a high pitched screaming noise. I've looked at many places for a replacement heater fan but the fans they have dont match mine. I have just a heater with no a/c, and the fans ive found with that description mount to the firewall from the engine compartment while mine mounts from the inside of the cab to the firewall. any suggestions?
1978 F-100
351M
2WD
Standard Cab/Shortbed

#2 1975Ford

1975Ford

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 02:20 PM

I have a '78 F-100 and the heater is acting funny. Whenever it is turned on it makes a high pitched screaming noise. I've looked at many places for a replacement heater fan but the fans they have dont match mine. I have just a heater with no a/c, and the fans ive found with that description mount to the firewall from the engine compartment while mine mounts from the inside of the cab to the firewall. any suggestions?

View Post

The heater assembly in the inside of cab will need to be removed to replace the fan motor.

#3 77 crummy

77 crummy

Duck Tape L'fixer :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 04:40 PM

The heater assembly in the inside of cab will need to be removed to replace the fan motor.

if youre going to remove the heater assembly, save some time and head ache, take the dash out

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users