#1 misfit351

misfit351

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 06:25 PM

my78002.jpg
my78001.jpg
im 16 and have recently been given a 1978 F-150 4x4.its pretty rough and i wanna paint it back original. my dad said that the truck was originally black with a racin stripe kinda thing running off the hood and down the sides.i haven't ben able to find any pics of a truck with this on it and would like to see one. if anyone can help me out i would appreciate it.thanks
i'll attach a pic of the truck.its stripped right now.

#2 a1bummer

a1bummer

Where's My Hammer!?!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 07:17 PM

To get all the original specs. engine, paint color, etc. you may have to run the VIN#.

#3 crazydave1978

crazydave1978

Duck Tape L'fixer :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 07:50 PM

i know where there is a truck with these strips but it is in bad shape i watched a truck with a restoration with the stripes sell for a large sum of money . it is true that they made these but good luck finding a good model to look over

#4 misfit351

misfit351

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 06:07 PM

ive run the vin but it doesn't tell much.im tryin to run the paint code but not havin much luck.
im the third owner of this truck and the guy i got it from is sposed to have a pic of it with the stripes, but i never got it.ive heard it looks like a mach 1 mustang stripe.imma have to make my own design anyways i think since im puttin that mustang scoop on it.but thanks for the help guys.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users