2 replies to this topic

#1 wisky9er

wisky9er

Where's My Hammer!?!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 01:41 PM

Can I put 351C heads on my (M) block? If yes will I end up loosing any tork? Also I was wondering the same thing about pistons.
They seem to sell alot more for the © than the (M) even though distributers, headers, and alot of other parts are sold for eather one.

#2 jake_262

jake_262

F-Series Mechanic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 05:39 PM

I would say that they would be the same, my dad had a 400 m and it was the same intake manifold for the 351 c or 400 m and 351 m, so I'm pretty sure that the heads would interchange. I'm not sure about the tork issues, it would all depend on heads you are trying to put on. ford has allways made thier engines in "families" and the 351m, 400m, and 351c sorta fit in the same family, the "c" stood for cleavland, and the "m" stood for modified. The cleavland was mainly a big block, meaning small bore long stroke, and the modified was a small block, big bore short stroke. but inspite the differance in block the modified was fords idea of combining the big block advantages with the small block advantages. hope this helps at least a little bit.

Can I put 351C heads on my (M) block? If yes will I end up loosing any tork? Also I was wondering the same thing about pistons.
They seem to sell alot more for the � than the (M) even though distributers, headers, and alot of other parts are sold for eather one.

#3 BLADE262US

BLADE262US

F-Series Pimp

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Interests:Ford there is nothing else =)

Posted 29 July 2006 - 11:58 AM

Yes they will bolt right on but being that the cleveland was only made from 1970 to 1974 when the emissions wars killed it the valve seats are not the hardened type so any cleveland heads you get ahold of will need machine work except maybe the aussie heads they ran that motor up into the 80,s as a 302C . I have a set of those heads on my 71 cleveland and they are very nice heads . Also a 351C will bolt in anywhere a 289/302/351W was they have the same dimensions and bolt patterns as far as mounting points . The internals for a C are special to that motor , The 351M was a shorter stroke 400 . :D

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users