No Power!

2 replies to this topic

#1 deb

deb

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 05:52 PM

:excl: Hi! I am new to this site and I have a question regarding a 1988 Ford Ranger XL, 4 cyl, manual, efi.
The truck will not start, there are no lights, radio, horn, etc. The battery has been tested and is good. A co-worker thought it might be the voltage regulator and he replaced that. Still nothing. Can someone give me any suggestions on what could possibly be wrong with it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 miesk5

miesk5

F-Series Maniac

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:Broncos, beach runs, surf fishing
  • Favorite F-Series Year?:1996

Posted 20 May 2006 - 10:38 AM

:excl: Hi! I am new to this site and I have a question regarding a 1988 Ford Ranger XL, 4 cyl, manual, efi.
The truck will not start, there are no lights, radio, horn, etc. The battery has been tested and is good. A co-worker thought it might be the voltage regulator and he replaced that. Still nothing. Can someone give me any suggestions on what could possibly be wrong with it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If it did not start after the Battery test and the battery is on full charge level;
check + and Negative Battery Cables and clamps for corrosion; check the grounds on engine & frame
check cable connectors @ starter relay "S" terminal and battery cable connection on starter solenoid
if all good so far;
Ignition Switch is not good and not supplying voltage to starter relay.
if good, a fusible link is out
96 Bronco, E4OD, Man Xfer Case & Hubs
See my Big Bronco & F Series Technical & Parts LINKS site. Will need to clean up dead links & add many more new links some day. Thanks to Mr. Schwim! http://schwimserver5.com/?index=1128
Thanks to All Who Serve

#3 deb

deb

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 03:08 PM

Thank you very much for the info. Will check all that you suggested and let you know what happens.

Thanks,
Deb

If it did not start after the Battery test and the battery is on full charge level;
check + and Negative Battery Cables and clamps for corrosion; check the grounds on engine & frame
check cable connectors @ starter relay "S" terminal and battery cable connection on starter solenoid
if all good so far;
Ignition Switch is not good and not supplying voltage to starter relay.
if good, a fusible link is out

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users