help

2 replies to this topic

#1 lotofwork80

lotofwork80

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 07:45 PM

[-o< i have a 80 f-100 300-6 it hase a new motor and carb some times it runs great some times when i pull up to a stoplight the rpms drop to 200 and comes back up and it cuts out i can mess with the air fuel mix and get it running good agn but when i take a short trip it does it agn it is almost like a vac line is leaking any help will be great

Edited by lotofwork80, 20 July 2006 - 10:29 PM.

#2 Chats

Chats

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 08:43 PM

[-o< i have a 80 f-100 300-6 it hase a new motor and carb some times it runs great some times when i pull up to a stoplight the rpms drop to 200 and comes back up and it cuts out i can mess with the air fuel mix and get it running good agn but when i take a short trip it does it agn it is almost like a vac line is leaking any help will be great

have you tried rebuilding the carb or getting a rebuilt one the platic vac lines the get old and slpit some times sounds like a vac leak to me

#3 lotofwork80

lotofwork80

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 11:05 AM

have you tried rebuilding the carb or getting a rebuilt one the platic vac lines the get old and slpit some times sounds like a vac leak to me

i found the prob........ the carb was too low and timing was too hi that drove me nuts every time i would stop it would try to die i thought it was a vac line too thats why i couldnt find it :huh: im going to try to add a pic of it maybe you will see why i call it lot of work 80

Edited by lotofwork80, 02 August 2006 - 11:16 AM.

Reply to this topic

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users