Photo

brake systems

1 reply to this topic

#1 1978 F250

1978 F250

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Mostly mid to late 1970's F series pickups old Mustangs and anyo other really bad ass Ford

Posted 19 October 2006 - 11:11 AM

anyone have any recomendations to use a stock or aftermarket proportioning valve? or how to determine if the stock valve is actually bad. I've rebuilt my entire brake system, minus the pro valve, and still cant get the pedal to return as it should. the stem has been reset, dont get a brake light, and I've bled the entire system several times. starting to wonder if the parts store gave me the wrong master cylinder, or if the pro valve is bad. If anyone has battled this before any advice would be appreciated. thanx.

#2 77 crummy

77 crummy

Duck Tape L'fixer :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 08:04 PM

anyone have any recomendations to use a stock or aftermarket proportioning valve? or how to determine if the stock valve is actually bad. I've rebuilt my entire brake system, minus the pro valve, and still cant get the pedal to return as it should. the stem has been reset, dont get a brake light, and I've bled the entire system several times. starting to wonder if the parts store gave me the wrong master cylinder, or if the pro valve is bad. If anyone has battled this before any advice would be appreciated. thanx.

the master needs to be bench bled before installation. i would say the master was defective befor worring about the prop. usually prop valves dont afect the pedal. i also highly rec you find a power bleeder. i replaced my master three times in my 77 f150 still had a bad pedal. power bled it, no more problems

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users