Drive Shaft IPB

1 reply to this topic

#1 Moonen

Moonen

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 05:39 AM

Replaced worn u-joints in my 92 150. The rear one is tight and causing a vibration. The needle bearings in the OEM joint were pulverized. I need to ID the part that bolts (4 bolts) to the rear end where the u-joint is installed. The new joint didn't install easily and there is too much resistance. I want to replace the rear u-joint holder, but can't find a description.
Shawn

#2 plowboy

plowboy

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 10:51 AM

Replaced worn u-joints in my 92 150. The rear one is tight and causing a vibration. The needle bearings in the OEM joint were pulverized. I need to ID the part that bolts (4 bolts) to the rear end where the u-joint is installed. The new joint didn't install easily and there is too much resistance. I want to replace the rear u-joint holder, but can't find a description.
Shawn

The part you are looking for is called a Pinion companion flange. You can find one at almost any junk yard or you can get a new one for about $40 at www.broncograveyard.com. If you decide to go the junk yard route take your old one with you so you don't accidently get a flange off an explorer as they are slightly smaller.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users