1982 F250 Front End shake

2 replies to this topic

#1 FarmHand

FarmHand

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 07:03 PM

Heres the problem. We have a 82 F250 4x4 with a vibration in the front end; only when the brakes are applied after the braking system has warmed up. The steering wheel does not shake or pulsate when brakes are applied.

Front Rotors, Pads, Calipers, brake hoses, (wheel bearings are good still) brake booster/master cyl, rear drums, shoes, inner and outer tie rods with alignment, and lock out hubs all NEW on truck... Rotated tires from front to back and issue is still there...

I just replaced the front shocks this evening, and still has issue... I am stumped... Please help

Thanks

#2 andre 244

andre 244

Duck Tape L'fixer :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 05:08 AM

Q?
AUTO HUB OR MANUAL
STICKING HUB MAY B THE PROBLEM
TILL GREASE GET HOT THEN OK ON AUTO AD SIMILAR
PROM ON MY B2 AUTO HUB

#3 fordtruckman

fordtruckman

F-Series Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 12:34 AM

Heres the problem. We have a 82 F250 4x4 with a vibration in the front end; only when the brakes are applied after the braking system has warmed up. The steering wheel does not shake or pulsate when brakes are applied.

Front Rotors, Pads, Calipers, brake hoses, (wheel bearings are good still) brake booster/master cyl, rear drums, shoes, inner and outer tie rods with alignment, and lock out hubs all NEW on truck... Rotated tires from front to back and issue is still there...

I just replaced the front shocks this evening, and still has issue... I am stumped... Please help

Thanks

the brake rotors are warped. that comes from using a impact to tighten the lug nuts.

Edited by fordtruckman, 29 January 2008 - 12:35 AM.

Reply to this topic

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users