heater blows cold air

6 replies to this topic

#1 boi

boi

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 02:16 AM

i have a 79' f250 351c it just got cold, the fan works good, just it never gets warm, or hot.
what can i do to check the system?

#2 daler63

daler63

Duck Tape L'fixer :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 04:36 PM

i have a 79' f250 351c it just got cold, the fan works good, just it never gets warm, or hot.

Check the diverter valve under the hood.They are usually vaccum operated so check to see if you are getting vaccum on the line when the heat is turned on.If you have vaccum try taking the valve out and splicing the lines together.If that gets you heat head to the parts store,they are usually cheap to replace.

#3 highboy73

highboy73

FORDing thru life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 07:48 PM

see if you have a thermostat

#4 corn fed

corn fed

Where's My Hammer!?!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 04:57 PM

Did the heater ever work? Did it stop suddenly or gradually? Did it happen over summer time? It could be your heat core is pluged. Just back flush it.

#5 FormulaLerms

FormulaLerms

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 02:44 PM

Did the heater ever work? Did it stop suddenly or gradually? Did it happen over summer time? It could be your heat core is pluged. Just back flush it.

maybe the heater core just went no mas?

#6 freeto4wheel

freeto4wheel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 09:53 PM

does it have ac or not no ac its not a heater control valve doesnt have one let vehicle run when its at running temp grab the heater hose outside the fire wall and see if they are both hot should be close on temp on both if one is hot and other is not clogged heater core both hot and no heat your flap in the heater box is stuck or cable has came un hooked double check this and find out now if ac is there see if the hoses are hot again if not apply vacume to heater control vavle if it fixes it find vacume leak no leak start looking into control switch or stuck flap doors again hope i can help you some with this

#7 papertiger00

papertiger00

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 06:21 PM

is the inside of your truck getting wet on the floor boards?? or is the truck getting very hot. if neither of those then see if leaking outside in the engine compartment and that no hoses are pinched. it could be heater core or something really basic. it maybe something i haven't even thought of

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users