79 f-250 300 swap to 351M

7 replies to this topic

#1 awhale

awhale

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 09:13 AM

Ive bolted the 351M to my 4speed and the motor mounts on the frame dont match from my 300 and the motor is hitting the throttle cable on the fire wall i was going make new mounts on the frame till I found the problem on the fire wall My question is do I need to move the tranny foward to cleare because it is still bolted in the original location.Thanks for any help !!!

#2 Big White Bus

Big White Bus

It's Only Money, Right?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 06:31 PM

Ive bolted the 351M to my 4speed and the motor mounts on the frame dont match from my 300 and the motor is hitting the throttle cable on the fire wall i was going make new mounts on the frame till I found the problem on the fire wall My question is do I need to move the tranny foward to cleare because it is still bolted in the original location.Thanks for any help !!!

some trans crossmembers will bolt in front or back try turning th crossmember sround see if that don"t move you twords the frontseveral "s.

#3 highboy73

highboy73

FORDing thru life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 01:45 PM

it's the frame mounts.the 300 and v-8's have differant"towers"

#4 Big White Bus

Big White Bus

It's Only Money, Right?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 07:41 AM

it's the frame mounts.the 300 and v-8's have differant"towers"

high boy is right frame mounts are different but you need to make sure the cross member in the right place and that will / should fix the firewall problem.

Edited by Big White Bus, 29 February 2008 - 06:53 PM.

#5 highboy73

highboy73

FORDing thru life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 01:59 PM

the 300 frame mounts are closer together and up a little higher.thee cross member is kinda hard to get wrong.you may start out wrong but before you get far things won't fit.

#6 Big White Bus

Big White Bus

It's Only Money, Right?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 07:42 PM

the 300 frame mounts are closer together and up a little higher.thee cross member is kinda hard to get wrong.you may start out wrong but before you get far things won't fit.

I dont really know on a haft ton but on a 3/4ton it doesnt efect much at all other than the motor mount dont line up. I have seen this first hand. Well I take that back im dealing with auto not standard trans. It will block off more pan bolts auto sandard just dont know.

#7 highboy73

highboy73

FORDing thru life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 03:40 PM

the cross member has alot of parts to be all together.if you put one thing on wrong you won't get all the other parts on.I have found out thru trail and error.same with the mounts.they just bolt in.go to a bone yard.

#8 Big White Bus

Big White Bus

It's Only Money, Right?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 03:09 PM

the cross member has alot of parts to be all together.if you put one thing on wrong you won't get all the other parts on.I have found out thru trail and error.same with the mounts.they just bolt in.go to a bone yard.

This thread has went about 2 post to many your right I'm wrong end of thread on my part!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users