85 F150 SOLID AXLE CONVERSION

7 replies to this topic

#1 griggszilla

griggszilla

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 02:10 PM

THE QUESTION I HAVE IS WILL 78-79 MODEL FRONT END FROM A F-150 4X4 BOLT UNDER THE FRONT END OF MY 85 FORD TRUCK AND IF SO HOW HARD IS IT TO DO

#2 rob dawg

rob dawg

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 09:48 AM

THE QUESTION I HAVE IS WILL 78-79 MODEL FRONT END FROM A F-150 4X4 BOLT UNDER THE FRONT END OF MY 85 FORD TRUCK AND IF SO HOW HARD IS IT TO DO

#3 rob dawg

rob dawg

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 09:59 AM

FROM MY UNDERSTANDING A STRAIGHT AXLE FROM A 68 THROUGH 79 WILL BOLT RIGHT IN IF YOU KEEP THE COIL SPRINGS BUT YOU WILL HAVE TO REPLACE THE CROSS MEMBER, I AM GETTING READY TO DO THE SAME CONVERSION AND AM LOOKING FOR DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS, IF I CANT FIND
I WILL DIVE IN WITHOUT THEM, I WILL TAKE PICTURES AND WRITE DOWN EVERYTHING SO I CAN POST THEM. SORRY I COULDENT HELP ANY.

#4 madkmart

madkmart

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 04:05 PM

if you still want to do a sas pm me ill give you a good site tht has alot of detail on them

#5 mike_s

mike_s

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 04:44 PM

if you still want to do a sas pm me ill give you a good site tht has alot of detail on them

u think u could e-mail me the names of them sites? im working on swaping my axle out and needs some more details on them. thanx
[email protected]

#6 lostin90s

lostin90s

old part is good part s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Wrecking yards , my kids , places with no cell phone service, and Centurion F150 crew cabs

Posted 21 March 2009 - 10:43 AM

Most guys drop the spring tower to avoid the crossmebers . After measurements its a matter of finding right parts . If the sites above fail u let me know . PM
Parts is parts

#7 mgawat

mgawat

Duck Tape L'fixer :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 02:05 PM

Most guys drop the spring tower to avoid the crossmebers . After measurements its a matter of finding right parts . If the sites above fail u let me know . PM

Might be too late to mention this but I don't recommend using the 1978/1979 Dana 60's in the later model trucks due to the different left hand axle tube lengths designed to go to the NP205 on the earlier trucks

Edited by mgawat, 03 June 2009 - 02:06 PM.

#8 lostin90s

lostin90s

old part is good part s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Wrecking yards , my kids , places with no cell phone service, and Centurion F150 crew cabs

Posted 05 June 2009 - 04:57 AM

Might be too late to mention this but I don't recommend using the 1978/1979 Dana 60's in the later model trucks due to the different left hand axle tube lengths designed to go to the NP205 on the earlier trucks

They r talking of the dana 44 F150 axle that is on coils

But goodinfo to know .
Parts is parts

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users