2 replies to this topic

#1 dethomson

dethomson

Duck Tape L'fixer :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 11:10 PM

Has anyone replaced the engine mounted fan for one that is electric, thermostatically controlled, and mounted on the radiator? If yes, can you post your experience with how things came out and what fan/thermostat you used? Does your engine now run cooler when at low speeds or idle?

Thanks,

Dan

#2 Craig75

Craig75

Duck Tape L'fixer :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 05:44 PM

Has anyone replaced the engine mounted fan for one that is electric, thermostatically controlled, and mounted on the radiator? If yes, can you post your experience with how things came out and what fan/thermostat you used? Does your engine now run cooler when at low speeds or idle?

Thanks,

Dan

I changed the fan on my 390 to a electric fan with a thermostat. I bought it from LMC trucks in KS am so far i'm happy with it. I ran a extra wire with a relay and a switch inside so I can turn it on if the thermostat quit for some reason. I haven't had any trouble with it and the extra room you have in front of your engine is great. The engine has never been hot but I haven't ran it hard yet due to the engine is still new.

#3 bilbert

bilbert

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 06:42 PM

Thanks,

Dan

i have a 300 straight six carb i pulled an electric fan out of a early 90's taurus it has a two speed fan that moves some serious air.....i wired it to a toggle with a high and low setting. it works great!

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users