Lift kit help

1 reply to this topic

#1 jakesnelly

jakesnelly

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 08:38 AM

Alright guys, I have a 79 f150 supercab 4x4 w/ a 351 cleveland in it. The plans are a 460 and 6 inch lift. My question is what lift kit do ya'll recommend? Bronco graveyard has a good looking kit, for 2G's though. And also are there any kits with front leaf springs? All the ones I have looked at have the coil up front. Any help will be appreciated

#2 79Crewcab

79Crewcab

Duck Tape L'fixer :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 02:35 AM

Alright guys, I have a 79 f150 supercab 4x4 w/ a 351 cleveland in it. The plans are a 460 and 6 inch lift. My question is what lift kit do ya'll recommend? Bronco graveyard has a good looking kit, for 2G's though. And also are there any kits with front leaf springs? All the ones I have looked at have the coil up front. Any help will be appreciated

From all my research the 1/2ton SuperCab and Crewcab used the same Frame as the 3/4ton versions When you order You need to talk to a sales Rep and they will get you on the right track. Just telling them its a Supercab and the will know its a Leaf spring front. You can check out Skyjacker too online. I put a 6" on my 3/4 ton SuperCab (Soon to be a CrewCab!) from Skyjacker and absolutly love it! I already had a 3" body so now I have 9" of lift and clear 38.5x11x16 Boggers it looks SWEET! I want to say I have around $1500 in the suspention System (not kit) with shocks and brakelines I got 4 leaf packs instead of add-a-leafs or blocks(kit uses these for the rear) wich I feel is better anyway because my old rear springs were were sagging a lot! Hope this helps
Go Big or Go Home
'79 Supercab 460 3" body, 6" suspention lift 38.5" Boggers Ox lockers Frt and Rr

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users