3 replies to this topic

#1 T-REX

T-REX

Where's My Hammer!?!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 02:57 PM

i got this truck from my boss and he bought it from a guy who put a new head on it but couldn't get it runnin. it is the 240 striaght six i set the timeing right and checked for spark but it still won't run and i put a new fuel pump on too cuz it wasn't getting fuel. Any idea'a why it won run?

#2 alan

alan

Duck Tape L'fixer :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 06:04 AM

Does it even try to fire ? I'm thinking maybe the timing on the gears maybe wrong. I would check the compression also spark and if all's well roll it up on top dead center and check the gears on it .

#3 T-REX

T-REX

Where's My Hammer!?!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 10:07 AM

Does it even try to fire ? I'm thinking maybe the timing on the gears maybe wrong. I would check the compression also spark and if all's well roll it up on top dead center and check the gears on it .

its got sprak and its set to 6%BTDC where it says and i got it to start and run for a bit but then it died so i'm thinking my distributor could be bad or the coil

#4 BlackFord77

BlackFord77

BlackFordTruck

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 05:10 PM

6 degrees - try 15 degrees. Also you may want to check you have oil pressure - your oil pump may be junk and snapped the pump driver shaft. Insure that you're not firing on top dead center NUMBER TWO (the exhaust stroke). Most people don't realize there's two TDC's in a 4 stroke gas engine.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users