1988 f-350 w/ 7.5L eletrical problems

1 reply to this topic

#1 adeezy9183

adeezy9183

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 03:45 AM

i have an'88 f-350 with a 460 in it. i bought it in wv and was drivin it home to md and made it like 45 minutes and it started hesitating and stalling out. once i stopped at a light, it wouldn't start back up. i had it towed it to a shop and once they unloaded it, it started right up and ran fine. the mechanic said he let it idle for an hour and it didn't do anything. drove it back and forth; couldn't find anything wrong with it. so i towed it back down here and drove it to and from work for about a week or so and the day before yesterday coming home from work it did the same thing. started hesitating and stalling. i managed to make it home. yesterday morning i drove it to work and did the same thing but managed to make it into work. after work i started it up and it started doing the same thing immediately. the truck has no check engine light on. the distributor, coil, alternator and starter have been recently replaced (still look brand new). new air filter. new radiator and hoses. the only thing that hasn't been replaced are the plugs and wires, and i'm doing that tomorrow. also, it only has the front gas tank. the the front and rear fuel tank switch doesn't work. i can hear the fuel pump when i turn the ignition on. any ideas? thanks

#2 1992F250

1992F250

Duck Tape L'fixer :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 01:57 PM

Don't trust a running fuel pump. Check the presure at the engine. New distributor, what about the cap and points/ignition in the distributor? Sounds funny but check your out voltage at the batteries. Maybe a vacuum leak coming and going. Need more info..

GL

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users