Died And Wont Start Again

4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_fordfreak_*

Guest_fordfreak_*

Posted 14 March 2004 - 06:51 PM

my 88 wont start after it died. i was driving and it shut off like i turned off the key.i checked fire has it.i dont think it is getting gas to the plugs.does any one know were the sensors are that control the injectors?

#2 Guest_Raven_*

Guest_Raven_*

Posted 14 March 2004 - 07:22 PM

check your fuel pump make sure it is running or check on the fuel rail there should be a little piece that looks like a valve stem for a tire check to see if you are getting fuel to that point. fuel pump is a very likely cause of it if you do not have any fuel at the rail. if you can hear the pump running then try replacing your feul filter

#3 Guest_Bronco_In_Ny_*

Guest_Bronco_In_Ny_*

Posted 15 March 2004 - 02:41 PM

you can check if the pumps working by turning the key to run postion and listening you should hear a whining sound comeing ftom the rear if not check your fuel pump relay not sure where yours is but look first on the drivers side under the hood

#4 Guest_ron753_*

Guest_ron753_*

Posted 09 May 2004 - 11:41 AM

the fule pump relay is on the passenger side under the hood the color is gray
or green there is also a reset breaker inside where the carpet goes under the dash
on the passenger side pull the carpet back it's a black box right next to the center of the floor board there is a white reset button on top of the box.
hope this helps!

#5 Seabronc

Seabronc

F-Series Commander

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 08:09 PM

That little black box is an inertia switch, which is designed to shut off the fuel pump in case of accident. The problem is that they often start going bad and shut the system down randomly. If reseting it fixes the problem, I would suggest you get a new one or it will happen again. Hard breaking or bumping something can cause an oversensitive one to pop.

Good luck :)>-

"I know you think you know what I said, but what you need to know is, I did'nt say what I meant"

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users