No replies to this topic

#1 blackmomob0

blackmomob0

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 10:41 PM

right topic section this time

i have a 1996 efi 460 in a 1978 f100. im using the 78 wiring stock harness. i have the efi injectors connector to the wiring harness conector that screws in to eachother. i have the computer connected. so basicly i have the computer and injectors connected. i cut off everything else that connects the the electronic distributor, front and rear lights and cab wires from the 96 250. so i was wondering how connect everything together. i have the power supply that connects to the electronic distributor connected to the "i think it called the silonoid" that round thing that the battary cables connects to.
i would think all i have to do is have all the efi wires connected to the computer i also have all the transmission connectors connected as well.
so generally the only thing im using from the 96 250 wiring harness is just the computer and efi connection, trasnmission and the electronic distributor with power supply.

so my question do i just connect the computer to the computer connector; that connects to the electronic distributor, and connect the efi connector to its connector the connects to the electronic distributor? or is there more. all the lights turn on and radio when i turn the key, so when i connect the power supply to the electronic distributor should that turn on the computor as well? i just want to start the engine can any one help on how to properly connect just this setup i have?

Edited by blackmomob0, 06 March 2009 - 10:43 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users