door lock/unlock controls & reset

1 reply to this topic

#1 dcjle

dcjle

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 06:55 AM

Ford 350 Super Duty, Crew Cab: The door lock & unlock functions are erratic (don't lock or unlock) whether using the remote (key fob) or the door switches. The solenoids sound like they are working, but the door lock rods don't move all the way up or down. Is there a "reset" for these? I understand that the lock/unlock switches control a bi-directional motor (actuator) which will lock or unlock depending on the position of the door lock switches.

Edited by dcjle, 19 March 2009 - 06:55 AM.

#2 lostin90s

lostin90s

old part is good part s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Wrecking yards , my kids , places with no cell phone service, and Centurion F150 crew cabs

Posted 21 March 2009 - 10:23 AM

Ford 350 Super Duty, Crew Cab: The door lock & unlock functions are erratic (don't lock or unlock) whether using the remote (key fob) or the door switches. The solenoids sound like they are working, but the door lock rods don't move all the way up or down. Is there a "reset" for these? I understand that the lock/unlock switches control a bi-directional motor (actuator) which will lock or unlock depending on the position of the door lock switches.

Sound like lock acuators freezing up . You can take aprt and clean but not much to do other wise. But check to see if thats the problem first
Parts is parts

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users