2 replies to this topic

#1 Rickey

Rickey

It's Only Money, Right?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,Fishing,Fords.
    Alabama Football!!!!!!ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Favorite F-Series Year?:1977

Posted 10 March 2010 - 11:09 AM

I have a 95 F-150 4x4 with trailor breaks.I was wondering was this a factory option.The plug on the rear has the Ford logo on it,made into cover of the plug.Looking at the wiring it looks like it is run in the same loom as the factory tail light wires and same goes for the controler wires under the dash.
Know I know my E4OD trany is comuter controled.If u hit the control button while you are driving with no trail on the truck it unlocks the convertor and the RPM's go up.I yanked the bed a while back to put a fuel pump in it and busted a tail light.I though no big deal.Well when I went to drive it the light on the control was lighted up like I had the break mashed tho the floor and the converter would not lock up.This also caused the abs light to come on and stay on.I thought I a pinched wire.But all I had was a blown brake light and a busted break light.I am not understanding why they would hook it to the tranny for.To me that seems like a problem waiting to happen if teh controler goes crazy one day.It works fine now that the lights were replaced.Does anyone know if this was a factory option and why it would run to the tranny?
1977 F-150 460 makeing around 400hp ( My Pride and Joy)Told the X wife she would go
C-6 with shift kit before the truck would
L&L headers with single chamber flowmasters and turn downs and L&L ladder bars
4in ruff country lift with a 2in body kift.
35x12.50-15 mud tires on 15x10 chrome and black modular rims
cd player,2 amps,2 600watt Sony 10s
4.10 gears with a locker in the rear
Future plans is to level it up .Hate the ass end sitting higher that the front.AND scrap the crappy C-6 for a manual.

1985 Bronco 427 small block
Small cam for the moment,all aluminam top end
max cool radator,headers and 2 1/2 exhast with flowmaster and echo tips
C-6 with a 208 transfer
33x12.50-15 all terrain tires
8000 warn winch and brush guard
Needs a 5 speed and a solid front axle liek it should have came!!!!!!!!

1995 Ford F-150 Extended cab 4x4
Stock 5.8 with E40D tranny
Push button 4x4
True dual exhaust with NO cat under it.
32x12.50x15 Maxxis mudders
220,000 miles and still runs like new.
Just needs a 5 speed in it and a solid front axle like it should have came!!!!

#2 travlnman55

travlnman55

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Favorite F-Series Year?:1974

Posted 13 December 2010 - 05:29 PM

Is it possible that when you pulled the bed and broke the tail light you caused a short in the brake light circut? Were the brake lights staying on?This would cause the transmission control computer to think you are applying the brakes, which signals the torque converter to unlock. The purpose of the lockup torque converter is to increase fuel mileage. When the torque converter locks up, it is making a solid mechanical conection essentially like a manual transmission. With a manual transmission, when you come to a stop, you have to push in the clutch or the engine will stall. When the tranmission control computer senses power to the brake light circut, it thinks you are stopping and tells the converter lockup to unlock allowing you to come to a smooth stop. I don't know if your trailer brake control is a factory piece or available as a dealer installed option. I have a 1993 F-250 and it does not have a trailer brake control, but my 2005 F-350 has the brake control built into the dash board.

#3 Rickey

Rickey

It's Only Money, Right?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,Fishing,Fords.
    Alabama Football!!!!!!ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Favorite F-Series Year?:1977

Posted 21 January 2011 - 01:56 PM

It ended up being a a busted tail light causing the problem.God i hate auto trannies.So hard to find a standard.
1977 F-150 460 makeing around 400hp ( My Pride and Joy)Told the X wife she would go
C-6 with shift kit before the truck would
L&L headers with single chamber flowmasters and turn downs and L&L ladder bars
4in ruff country lift with a 2in body kift.
35x12.50-15 mud tires on 15x10 chrome and black modular rims
cd player,2 amps,2 600watt Sony 10s
4.10 gears with a locker in the rear
Future plans is to level it up .Hate the ass end sitting higher that the front.AND scrap the crappy C-6 for a manual.

1985 Bronco 427 small block
Small cam for the moment,all aluminam top end
max cool radator,headers and 2 1/2 exhast with flowmaster and echo tips
C-6 with a 208 transfer
33x12.50-15 all terrain tires
8000 warn winch and brush guard
Needs a 5 speed and a solid front axle liek it should have came!!!!!!!!

1995 Ford F-150 Extended cab 4x4
Stock 5.8 with E40D tranny
Push button 4x4
True dual exhaust with NO cat under it.
32x12.50x15 Maxxis mudders
220,000 miles and still runs like new.
Just needs a 5 speed in it and a solid front axle like it should have came!!!!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users