Smoked A Z71

21 replies to this topic

#1 Ktomek06

Ktomek06

F-Series Commander

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Lifeguarding, my bronc, and a lot of other stuff.

Posted 07 May 2004 - 05:25 PM

A day before yesterday me and my friend w/ a 96 350 Z71 w/ 33's were at a stop light and he wanted to race to the next light so we did and I beat him, even off the line, but he said that he needs to reb up his engine first so I was like "ok, Ill smoke you anyway" so on a country road and me and him lined up....and we were going to race about a quarter mile. His is standard and mine is auto and he was gettin his rpm's up and we took off from a dead stop and he was about a car length in front of me and once mine hit second I smoked him biiig time. I guess as soon as mine hits about second gear it shoots off. I wasnt able to reb up my engine so that is probably why he beat me off the line. BTW I only have a 302 and he has a 350

I know broncos arent made to race...but smokin a chevy, it sure was nice!!

share yall's storys!

#2 Guest_rlnbreloder_*

Guest_rlnbreloder_*

Posted 15 May 2004 - 04:32 PM

Hello,
I've got a few, actually and I hope I don't bore y'all!
(1) I've just finished my '79 Bronco's 400 and it's got more power than I ever expected!! 10:1 pistons, and a .513 lift cam, this thing is fast!!
Recently, I was at a stop light and some doofus kid in a Honda with a coffee can on his exhaust pipe is sitting next to me revving up his lawnmower....which is exactly what I thought it was at first!! The light turns green and he peels out (very little because of his lack of torque). I realize he's racing, so I nail it and before I even make it into second gear (I've got an auto) I'm like 3 car lengths ahead of him, I look at the speedo and I'm doing like 65 in first gear!! I hadn't "gotten on it" at this point (before the race) because I only had about 300 miles on it before the race....
(2) I've also got a 2003 supercharged Harley F150 with just very little done to it, and three weeks ago I smoked (and not by a little either) my buddy's C5 Corvette!!
I'm loosing any respect I ever had for GM!!!

#3 hawk2100n

hawk2100n

F-Series Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 05:25 PM

Harly smoking a corvette is no suprise because of the power to weight ratio. Nice story about the honda if you look in my album you will see that i hate ricers.

#4 Guest_rlnbreloder_*

Guest_rlnbreloder_*

Posted 15 May 2004 - 05:30 PM

I'm in total agreement about those ricers, man...they're a waste of money.
I've had 2 separate 4WD Rangers that went over 300K miles (I do a BUNCH of driving with my job)

#5 Guest_Gunner_*

Guest_Gunner_*

Posted 17 May 2004 - 03:08 AM

now it all depends on what yoy guys consider ricers. i mean my daily driver is a sport compact. that has some work done to it. my definition of ricer is one that adds things to his car without first knowing what it is and second just to make it look or sound good with out getting any performance gain whatsoever. mine is a 2002 Dodge stratus coupe with the eclipse driveline. its a 4 banger (gas mileage) and i easily demolish mustangs and camaros. i mean not top of the line but base models which is still impressive from a heavy car with only a 4 banger. anyway just trying to say that not all cars with that fartty sound are ricers. i mean i dont have just the fart cannon mine is a straight cat back exhaust with headers and high flow cat. but its a 4 banger so it sounds nothing like my carrbed 302 with headers high flow catS with the true dual exhaust. i mean nothing sounds like that. just trying to stick up for the little car guys because i myself am into both

#6 Guest_FLYFSHIN_*

Guest_FLYFSHIN_*

Posted 17 May 2004 - 07:10 AM

I must interject....I am a hardcore "muscle car" guy. This is what pisses me off about ricers.

Firstly, that anyone would stick the kind of money that it takes to build a performance sport compact blows my mind. I could get MUCH more bang for the buck sticking it on a camaro or into a vette.

Secondly, my summer car is a 94 Z28 with a stroked 350 to 383, headers, cam, valves, heads, and supercharged. Oh yes, did I forget to mention that I routinely drive the streets with a full tank of nitrous. We're talking about 400 HP+ of rompin stompin american V8 power without even touching the blue bottle, and every ounce of it down low where it counts. Tap the button, and you'r looking at 550 HP. EVERY time I pull up to a stoplight next to a neon, civic, or del sol with a fart can, they rev the engine like they can actually take me on, they get all cocky and shit. The only car I ever lost to was a viper. I mean, if I pull next to a Diablo or F40, I dont act all dicky and rev my shit up, even though it would be a closer match than my car and a neon. I dont even waste my gas to prove them wrong.

Funny race story. Last summer I was driving around town looking for trouble. I pull next to this riced honda. He's all revving his engine up, loud fart pipes. I can, however see that he's got two boost gauges on the dash, so it was not ALL show. I see a cop pull behind us. I rev my engine up to about 3 grand (at this point, my car is shaking all the windows within a half mile), wait for the green, he peels out (standard tranny), I pull away slowly, and the cop flips his lights and runs the civic down. As I drive by the civic, I lean out and give him the finger. That just about shows my level of respect for ricers. A wing and some tall wheels dont make your car fast boys.

#7 Ktomek06

Ktomek06

F-Series Commander

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 01:50 PM

Sounds like an awesome truck!

That story reminds me of a comerical for that cadillac escalade :lol:

#8 Justshootme84

Justshootme84

F-Series Commander

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • Interests:4wd trucks, hunting, fishing, music

Posted 17 May 2004 - 07:42 PM

See, Kyle, I told you street racing was illegal!!! Doing a burnout in El Campo, TX at 2AM will cost you $282.00, but if you get caught racing it's more.

I would like to race you in my 98 Z-71-K&N FIPK, SuperChips MicroTuner 350Vortec. I have an auto tranny, too. It will beat my Bronco, but won't quite make it against my neighbor's '02 GMC diesel with a chip and Jake brake. That truck smokes everyone around!!! If you want speed in a truck, get a GM diesel and a programmer/chip. Several folks that have been beaten by this truck that had the Fords's or Dogde's sold then and bought GMC's, but still can't beat him.

My Bronco is not a street racing truck. IT's for offroad. [-X
1984 Bronco XLT, 351W H.O., C-6 AT, Ford 9", SkyJ 6" lift, 35" tires on MT Classic rims, S&W Racecars 10-pt cage kit, custom "shaker" assembly.
1988 Bronco Custom, 302 EFI, C-6 AT, Ford 8.8". parting out
1986 Bronco Custom, 300I-6, NP435

#9 Guest_Gunner_*

Guest_Gunner_*

Posted 18 May 2004 - 03:37 AM

see this is why i never told anyone what my daily driver was before becasue i knew there would be someone that wouldnt understand. i have put a total of $1200 in my car. that is it. but if you want to start the american and import war ok. you have alot of money in that car of yours huh. 550 horse power with nos is pretty good. now i have a $20,000 car with a little over 200. now i also have someone at work with a $22,000 import that will blow your wheels off your car. 550 hp might just be enough for you to still see him at the end of the quarter mile. yes that is right it is an import. his TOYOTA SUPRA that he bought literaly for 22,000 was already with dyno slips of close to 1000hp without nos. i am not trying to knock anyone. i love me american v8 but i also love the sport compact to. i love v8 for the raw power and i love sport compact for the electronics involved in pushing a 4 and 6 cylinder to its limit and beyond. it is all a matter of preference like justshootme84 and his euro lenses on his bronco it is all a matter of preference dont knock someone for there preference.

#10 Ktomek06

Ktomek06

F-Series Commander

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 04:33 AM

I really dont think id have a chance :P

Do those F.I.P.K.'s work pretty good?

#11 Guest_FLYFSHIN_*

Guest_FLYFSHIN_*

Posted 18 May 2004 - 10:41 AM

I'm not saying that I could smoke the supra, it sounds like a killer. What I am saying is that IF I pulled next to him at a stop light, I wouldnt act like a dork like all the ricers seem to when they pull next to me. I have respect for fellow speed freaks.

Secondly, if it's all show and no go, and you want to run my Camaro, your right. I'm going to knock it. If you ARE into making a car just look cool, that's OK by me too. But PLEASE dont act like you have a fast car, and dont insult me at the stop light, or I'll bitch slap your hiney and send you packing with no respect.

The other thing that makes me think ricers are idiots is the typical "fart pipe" exhaust. I can tell you exactly what kind of performance increase you can see by putting a fart pipe on a relativly stock or mild import. None, or negative. If the exhaust fumes cool too much, they become more dense. More dense fumes take more horsepower to push out the pipe. They'd be better off going for a high flow cat and mild pipes of a uniform size to keep it flowing, but flowing hot. This is particularly important when you have a car that depends on RPM's to pull it's best power. The best racers in the import street world understand this....and everyone else is just pretending to be cool. What they dont understand is that by equiping the family civic with a fartpipe advertises thier ignorance.

#12 Guest_FLYFSHIN_*

Guest_FLYFSHIN_*

Posted 18 May 2004 - 10:49 AM

I have a FIPK on my bronco. It's not a speed machine, but I do see about 25 miles a tank better mileage, and maybe a little more HP. It's not too noticible, but I imagine when I get my headers and pipes on it will help alot more throughout the power range.

#13 Guest_Gunner_*

Guest_Gunner_*

Posted 19 May 2004 - 03:04 AM

now that i agree about ricers. but your first post made it sound like if it wasnt an american v-8 than it was a ricer. like i said about my daily driver it does have a magnaflow muffler on it but it is attached to headers, high flow cat, and stainless steel catback exhaust tubing (2 1/2") the only reason i have this for a daily driver is because the gas on the bronco in MA kills me. but just because it is a daily driver doesnt mean i have to stay stock. and no family goes into it. its a coupe i cant fit my baby car seat into it. my family car is my 01 mountaineer.

#14 Guest_mansquirt86_*

Guest_mansquirt86_*

Posted 19 May 2004 - 04:45 PM

ok ladies, enough of the bickering. If you want speed there is only ONE way to go, and that is with a bike. My buddy out here in cali rides a 03' suzuki GSXR 1300(busa to those who know), its turbo'd with NOS and a few other things. I dont care what car you drive, that bike will make you wish you never revved your engine at the stoplight. yes its only two wheels, but the engine is like 1/4 the size of any of our trucks or cars and it will spank us all without any problem. When your cars can pull a wheelie at 150mph, then you can talk about bein fast. NOW SHUT UP AND TALK TRUCKS DAMN YOU!

#15 Justshootme84

Justshootme84

F-Series Commander

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • Interests:4wd trucks, hunting, fishing, music

Posted 19 May 2004 - 08:32 PM

A few of those "bikers" fly past my house every Sunday afternoon doing about 130-140mph. They sure are fast, dude!
1984 Bronco XLT, 351W H.O., C-6 AT, Ford 9", SkyJ 6" lift, 35" tires on MT Classic rims, S&W Racecars 10-pt cage kit, custom "shaker" assembly.
1988 Bronco Custom, 302 EFI, C-6 AT, Ford 8.8". parting out
1986 Bronco Custom, 300I-6, NP435

#16 Guest_Gunner_*

Guest_Gunner_*

Posted 20 May 2004 - 03:05 AM

LOL there is always someone trying to be a tough guy over the internet. anyway i agree bikes are the fastest thing on the road however that is just not something i am in to. just to much speed with to little protection. i love watching them i just wont ever get on one myself. anyway i am done with this thread.

#17 Ktomek06

Ktomek06

F-Series Commander

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 04:18 AM

wow didnt think it would get this much visitation :huh:

#18 Guest_FLYFSHIN_*

Guest_FLYFSHIN_*

Posted 24 May 2004 - 05:11 AM

I agree; the busa is the undisputed champ. However; it's hard to get road **** while your driving a bike. Unless you have a very talented ladyfriend. :)

#19 Guest_Gunner_*

Guest_Gunner_*

Posted 24 May 2004 - 05:40 AM

oh yeah by the way i just remembered the busa is no longer the champ in speed bikes. the crown is been taken back by an american bike. the dodge tomahawk is the fastest bike on the road. sure it is more expensive than any regular man can afford but it is still the fastest bike made. what do you expect from a viper engine on two wheels. they dont even know the top speed because the tester was to scared to push it.

#20 4xfan78

4xfan78

F-Series Pimp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • Interests:Anything Ford prefer 78-79 bronco<br>The bigger the better

Posted 24 May 2004 - 07:18 AM

:D A ricerocket does'nt go very fast when it's crushed under my 35's.
GOT MUD?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users