Long Distances

5 replies to this topic

#1 grande_guerre

grande_guerre

grande mondiale

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Interests:Broncos (of course), loud speakers, snowboarding, guitar, cars in general

Posted 13 May 2004 - 11:16 AM

Wondering if my '84 will go from Alaska to Phoenix, Arizona. I have to move down there, and I ain't leaving her behind. What do I need to refresh on her prior to leaving? The trip will be around 3600 miles.

#2 hawk2100n

hawk2100n

F-Series Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 01:44 PM

i hope she runs good. im shure its possible as long as the milege on the truck is reasonable. check the fluids and filters and replace if necessary. you definately would want fresh motor oil(get a warmer weather type). i would reccomend replacing the ignition module if it hasnt been replaced recently. i had one of those strand me in a parking lot when it went out 300 miles from home and i had to hitch a ride to napa. check belts, hoses and radiatior and put in fresh coolant. and check the plugs, wires and distrobuter cap and make shure that they are ready for the trip. those are just some of the things that i would do before a very long trip. also not too many miles a day.

#3 Guest_Preacher_*

Guest_Preacher_*

Posted 13 May 2004 - 08:55 PM

if you love your bronco, and i'm sure you do, then i would suggest towing it. it may cost a little more now. but it might save you more in the long run

#4 Guest_Gunner_*

Guest_Gunner_*

Posted 14 May 2004 - 03:41 AM

nawww if it runs ggod now without any trouble than just do what hawk said. get your self a standard tune up and it should be fine.

#5 Guest_Gunner_*

Guest_Gunner_*

Posted 14 May 2004 - 03:42 AM

oh i forgot good luck on the gas though

#6 4xfan78

4xfan78

F-Series Pimp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • Interests:Anything Ford prefer 78-79 bronco<br>The bigger the better

Posted 14 May 2004 - 12:11 PM

I drove my 79 bronco from Anchorage AK to Augusta GA with only one problem, the axle bearing went out. The most important thing is to take atleast 2 5 gal gas cans with you because finding a gas station in Canada is'nt easy. Also dont take cash use credit cards, they will try to rip you off on the currency exchange. As long as you're truck runs ok and you trust it, you should make it. Here is a pic of the one I made that trip in.

Attached Thumbnails

• MVC_002S.JPG

GOT MUD?

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users