Tailgate Weight Rating

2 replies to this topic

#1 fyreduck1921

fyreduck1921

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 08:20 AM

Greetings all, can anyone help me. Does anyone know the tailgate weight rating of a 2006 F-150. I recently hauled my Harley Street Bob in the bed of my truck with the rear tire resting on the tailgate with the tailgate down. The bike weighs about 650lbs, so I'm guessing there was about 325lbs on the gate and it BENT! OK so its more of a bow in the middle than a bend, but still 325lbs should not have stressed my tailgate. Thanks for your help.

#2 94 f250 guru

94 f250 guru

It's Only Money, Right?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:I like to work on and upgrade my truck and my friends also. I enjoy working on diesels more due to my training. I am an avid outdoors man to include hunting fishing and just about anything else.
  • Favorite F-Series Year?:1992

Posted 14 July 2009 - 11:37 AM

Greetings all, can anyone help me. Does anyone know the tailgate weight rating of a 2006 F-150. I recently hauled my Harley Street Bob in the bed of my truck with the rear tire resting on the tailgate with the tailgate down. The bike weighs about 650lbs, so I'm guessing there was about 325lbs on the gate and it BENT! OK so its more of a bow in the middle than a bend, but still 325lbs should not have stressed my tailgate. Thanks for your help.

The reason the tailgate bowed the way it did is because on the 150s ford stopped putting in the mid-support beams. A good alternative to the tailgate you have now is to either get a 250-350 gate or you could order a great one through Ruff-neck ( i think I got the spelling right). I got my tail gate and headache rack and front grill guard through them and have not had one problem with weight on the tail gate one bit. I hate to admit it but they dont make the 150 like they used to in the good old days. If you need anymore info on the tailgate let me know. I can be reached through here or at [email protected].
Stan Ouellette
a.k.a. 94 f250 guru

#3 79RAGTOP

79RAGTOP

Duck Tape L'fixer :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 05:52 PM

TIME TO GET OUT THE WELDER AND MAKE IT YOUR MAN!!! UNFORTUNATELY GURU IS RIGHT THEY DON'T MAKE 'EM LIKE THEY USED TO!!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users