2 replies to this topic

#1 74fordtruckfamilyman

74fordtruckfamilyman

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Favorite F-Series Year?:1974

Posted 29 July 2012 - 06:47 AM

I'm restoring a 1974 ford f100 straight 6 with a 300. i have a 390cfm holley carb and offenhauser intake. i have dual hedman headers with 40 series flow master pipes. i have a new alternator, hose, wires, ignition coil, battery, battery cables, water pump, fuel pump. i have replaced mostly everything on this truck. i have plenty of spark, and im getting fuel to the carb. any suggestions how to get this truck to start? im leaving to texas in 2 days and i really need this thing running.

#2 79Crewcab

79Crewcab

Duck Tape L'fixer :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:42 PM

Humm ok well here are my thoughts. Is it getting fuel from carb to engine? will it start if you put a little fuel down the carb? How many miles are on the engine? how is the compression? Just some things to look for would be vacuum leaks and broken ground wires.
Go Big or Go Home
'79 Supercab 460 3" body, 6" suspention lift 38.5" Boggers Ox lockers Frt and Rr

#3 74fordtruckfamilyman

74fordtruckfamilyman

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Favorite F-Series Year?:1974

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:19 AM

fuel is going to the carb, it wont start when i put fuel in the carb. it sounds like it wants to but just turns over. about 82000 original miles. compression is good and the vaccuum is working, there are no leaks or broken ground wires. the only thing i can think of is to replace the distributor, eberything else has been done to this truck. i think the time is just so far off, the guy i got the truck from took the tdc plate off so i'm going threw the spark plu holr to line it up.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users