New From California!

33 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_bronco831_*

Guest_bronco831_*

Posted 24 June 2004 - 08:17 AM

Most shops around here (South Texas) charge $425-$450 to install a lift kit.

I was just pokin' fun about the Chevelle, I knew it was a 69 SS. It's worth twice as much as your Bronco. Tell your dad to get'er runnin'!!

The Chevelle was originally bought for me. .
He first bought me a lifted 74 Blazer.. sold that, bought the Chevelle.. then decided he wanted it.. so he bought me the Bronco haha

#22 Guest_bronco831_*

Guest_bronco831_*

Posted 24 June 2004 - 08:17 AM

welcome to the zone.so-cal maybe?
JFR-

Thanks!
I'm in Nor*Cal!! :D/

#23 Guest_bronco831_*

Guest_bronco831_*

Posted 24 June 2004 - 08:18 AM

The lift can be installed in a weekend or one day if he knows what he's doin. I would almost take a trip to Cali for a mini vacation for some sun and to hit the beach for a weekend, 250 bucks + Beer for a one day job. Thats a smokin deal to me. I lifted my buddies 69 Bronco for a 12 pack a few months ago. But I've used up my vacation time at work already... :mad:

haha, come to cali!!! :))

#24 Guest_Natron_*

Guest_Natron_*

Posted 24 June 2004 - 08:45 AM

I'm trying to figure out what/how much lift to do to my Bronco also-planning on heading out to Prescott Az for the Fourth with a twelve pack for my buddy. I'll use his garage (well equipped) and I'll use the twelve pack to make him help me install the lift. He'll probably want me to help him install a floor or something for rent. Fair is fair.

#25 Guest_bronco831_*

Guest_bronco831_*

Posted 24 June 2004 - 09:12 AM

I'm trying to figure out what/how much lift to do to my Bronco also-planning on heading out to Prescott Az for the Fourth with a twelve pack for my buddy. I'll use his garage (well equipped) and I'll use the twelve pack to make him help me install the lift. He'll probably want me to help him install a floor or something for rent. Fair is fair.

haha nice..

I was unsure about my lift size as well.. I have a friend that has a 4" but it just wasnt big enough for me ..haha so I pissed off my entire family and bought a 6"
:))

#26 Guest_Natron_*

Guest_Natron_*

Posted 24 June 2004 - 09:20 AM

Yrah, 6" would be cool, but I think I'm just gonna leave it about stock at the moment. If I go 6", then it will end up costing me about $1500 to do it the way I want. Of course, that's about how much a solid axle conversion costs, so I still haven't made my mind up. Also with a 6" lift and 35"s I'll need new gears, then why not a locker.......and I'm a student with no income-furget eet! I'm going with the 33"s, a 2" coil spring kit with new camber/caster bushings, Warns hubs, and for the biggie........NEW REAR SWAY BAR END BUSHINGS!!!!!!! MAn, if you haven't replaced your worn out sway bar end bushings you gotta do it-15 mins of work and your truck handles like new! Hey bronco831, where do you wheel? In the Santa Cruz Mountains?

#27 Guest_bronco831_*

Guest_bronco831_*

Posted 24 June 2004 - 10:52 AM

Yrah, 6" would be cool, but I think I'm just gonna leave it about stock at the moment. If I go 6", then it will end up costing me about $1500 to do it the way I want. Of course, that's about how much a solid axle conversion costs, so I still haven't made my mind up. Also with a 6" lift and 35"s I'll need new gears, then why not a locker.......and I'm a student with no income-furget eet! I'm going with the 33"s, a 2" coil spring kit with new camber/caster bushings, Warns hubs, and for the biggie........NEW REAR SWAY BAR END BUSHINGS!!!!!!! MAn, if you haven't replaced your worn out sway bar end bushings you gotta do it-15 mins of work and your truck handles like new! Hey bronco831, where do you wheel? In the Santa Cruz Mountains?

I know the feeling.
Im workin full time right now, and I'm going back to school this fall.
I'm *hoping* to have it lifted by then..

Right now I'm running 33" stock.. they rub.. but they l look better than the skinny orginal tires :))

I'd love to get some 4.10s in the rear with a posi .. but that'll have to wait haha.
I know some people run stock 3.55's with 6" an 35's just fine. . so thats cool...

Theres really no where to wheel around here.. once in a while I'll sneak off onto some ag. field after it rains.. thats about it..

I've only really wheeled it once.. that was a couple weeks ago up at Hollister Hills..
Didn't get much traction with my street tires in the dry dirt, but it was sure fun!

#28 Guest_Natron_*

Guest_Natron_*

Posted 24 June 2004 - 11:28 AM

Yeah, those 33's will rub on the inside if they're bigger than 10.5-11" wide. That's why I bought 33x10.5" BFGs. I don't like the BFGs as much as the Goodyear MTRs, but the MTRs only come in 12.5" wide for a 33" tire, which would rub bad on the inside. BFGs will also last longer on the street, but MTRs are better offroad in my opinion. I'm waiting for them to arrive and I'll put them on. How much was your kit? Did it come with drop pitman arm? Extended brake lines?

#29 Guest_Gunner_*

Guest_Gunner_*

Posted 24 June 2004 - 11:48 AM

:)) this is amazing.. if a guy comes on this site he gets one or two responses with a welcome to the zone and start a gallery. but when a girl gets here she gets two pages for a welcome. hmmmm wierd.

#30 Guest_bronco831_*

Guest_bronco831_*

Posted 24 June 2004 - 12:51 PM

Yeah, those 33's will rub on the inside if they're bigger than 10.5-11" wide. That's why I bought 33x10.5" BFGs. I don't like the BFGs as much as the Goodyear MTRs, but the MTRs only come in 12.5" wide for a 33" tire, which would rub bad on the inside. BFGs will also last longer on the street, but MTRs are better offroad in my opinion. I'm waiting for them to arrive and I'll put them on. How much was your kit? Did it come with drop pitman arm? Extended brake lines?

yeah, mine are 33x12.50 they rub on the radius arm ...

My kit is a 6" ProComp stage II
came with stainless steel extended brake lines, dropped pitman arm, extended radius arms, add a leafs, and springs i think .

#31 Guest_bronco831_*

Guest_bronco831_*

Posted 24 June 2004 - 12:52 PM

:)) this is amazing.. if a guy comes on this site he gets one or two responses with a welcome to the zone and start a gallery. but when a girl gets here she gets two pages for a welcome. hmmmm wierd.

girls are better than boys :P :)) j/k

#32 Guest_Natron_*

Guest_Natron_*

Posted 24 June 2004 - 01:04 PM

Does it come with camber/caster adjustment bushings? I'm asking because the springs I want to put on mine are 2" lift springs, and you've got to use different bushings with these. Makes sense that your kit would also come with 'em.

#33 Guest_jfrbronco_*

Guest_jfrbronco_*

Posted 25 June 2004 - 12:02 PM

this is amazing.. if a guy comes on this site he gets one or two responses with a welcome to the zone and start a gallery. but when a girl gets here she gets two pages for a welcome. hmmmm wierd.

same on all bronco sites,need pics of you with your truck!!! >:)

#34 Guest_bronco831_*

Guest_bronco831_*

Posted 28 June 2004 - 09:15 AM

Does it come with camber/caster adjustment bushings? I'm asking because the springs I want to put on mine are 2" lift springs, and you've got to use different bushings with these. Makes sense that your kit would also come with 'em.

I have no clue :huh:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users