2 Questions

5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_RammsteiNick_*

Guest_RammsteiNick_*

Posted 28 June 2004 - 10:00 AM

First Question: Is there anyway to add a second battery into my bronco? i have seen something done similar to a F150 of the show Trucks! but I don't know if its possible for a Bronco II. Is it even neccesary?

Second question: Is there any way to put a turbo into a 2.9 engine? or do i need a special engine?

thanks again

-Nick

#2 Guest_BigNasty_*

Guest_BigNasty_*

Posted 29 June 2004 - 03:15 PM

A secondary battery really isn't essential if it stays on the street in basically stock electrical form.
If you plan a kicking radio system then it can help a lot.
If youi do any offroad and add a winch, onboard air etc, then yes, secondary battery can save yur tail big time :)

Nearly any stereo shop can install or help you install it and get it wired properly, whether for a sound system or for accessories like winches etc.

Now for the turbo.. you would have to get the engine rebuilt with pistons and rods that can handle the extra pressure, so you may as well skip that and just get a v8 ;) or at least a bigger engine :)

#3 Guest_RammsteiNick_*

Guest_RammsteiNick_*

Posted 30 June 2004 - 06:07 AM

Sweet, thanks....that is my plan, to add a kickin stereo system and some performance parts.

v8 engines...how much would it cost for one and an installation?

thanks again!

Nick

#4 Guest_Berlineta_Z_*

Guest_Berlineta_Z_*

Posted 11 October 2004 - 09:53 AM

Yo Nick,
If you want to use more then one battery. You need to hook them up "parallel". This is where you hook the pos from one battery to the pos on the other battery and the negative terminal to the negative on the other battery. This way you increase the amps but keep the volts the same. If you are gonna run 2 batteries I would use an alternator with no less then 100 amps. Also it is a good idea to get 2 new batteries. If you add one new and later on down the road your old one goes bad it will damage the new one.

I have always kinda went over kill when it comes to wires on batteries. The bigger the gauge the less resistance. The less resistance the easyer it is on the alternator and when something is pulling a heavy load the larger wires supply it with a good flow of electricity. Resistance also causes heat. I like to use 2 gauge on the battery terminals and 10 gauge on the main lead off an alernator for one battery and 6 gauge if you are charging 2 batteries.

Also, crossing the battery teminals on a parrallel setup can cause the batteries to combust, or if you are lucky it will just melt the terminal off :D Acid goes everywhere. So becareful!!!! b-(

#5 Guest_lilgrndhawg_*

Guest_lilgrndhawg_*

Posted 23 October 2004 - 06:12 PM

how much would it cost to put a 302 in a 1990 bronco2, and what would we do to do that?

#6 Guest_pacodiablo_*

Guest_pacodiablo_*

Posted 24 October 2004 - 08:12 AM

how much would it cost to put a 302 in a 1990 bronco2, and what would we do to do that?

IIRC, someone actually makes a kit for this and I know there is a book written on it somewhere. James Duff would be the first place to look for it.

You could always find a Thunderbird Turbo Coupe donor car. It's the same basic 2.3 found in Rangers and the turbo version from the T-Bird has been swapped into Rangers before. You can also put these turbos on the 2.5, but the engine will need to be rebuilt with parts that can handle the turbo.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users