#1 drcarter0734

drcarter0734

It's Only Money, Right?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 10:08 PM

Hello all,

I have a 85 XLT with a 460 and C6. I purchased this truck last year while living in Arizona. No rust. It is in excellent shape for its age. I am in the process of refreshing the drivetrain. Starting off with the axles and frame and work my way up. This is not my first Big B rebuild. My first was an 80 that I rebuilt from the group up, including changing the interior color Red to Grey all custom, balanced and blueprinted motor, etc, etc. Mass deneros, and this was before the miracle of the internet and all these invaluable resources. So it took me about a year and a half. Anyhow, just wanted to introduce myself. Anyone know where to wheel in the DFW area? It is way flat here!!! I will include pics soon.

#2 Ktomek06

Ktomek06

F-Series Commander

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Lifeguarding, my bronc, and a lot of other stuff.

Posted 02 July 2004 - 05:16 AM

Can't wait for the pics, it sounds like a great bronc!

#3 Justshootme84

Justshootme84

F-Series Commander

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • Interests:4wd trucks, hunting, fishing, music

Posted 02 July 2004 - 04:00 PM

Welcome to Bronco Zone!!! DFW is not as flat as it is here on the coast by Houston!!!

CHeck with Texas4x4.org for local wheeling places. Most folks up there go out East to Shilo Ridge. Good luck on the build-up of the Bronco, too!!

Randy JSM84 <):)
1984 Bronco XLT, 351W H.O., C-6 AT, Ford 9", SkyJ 6" lift, 35" tires on MT Classic rims, S&W Racecars 10-pt cage kit, custom "shaker" assembly.
1988 Bronco Custom, 302 EFI, C-6 AT, Ford 8.8". parting out
1986 Bronco Custom, 300I-6, NP435

#4 Ktomek06

Ktomek06

F-Series Commander

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Lifeguarding, my bronc, and a lot of other stuff.

Posted 02 July 2004 - 04:59 PM

haha shiloh ridge is about 10 miles from my deer camp. I just found that out recently :lol:

#5 Seabronc

Seabronc

F-Series Commander

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 04:59 PM

Neat, have thought that if I were real serioud about power that I'd drop a 460 in mine. can't wait to see some pictures. Welcome to the zone.

Good luck,

:)>-

"I know you think you know what I said, but what you need to know is, I did'nt say what I meant"

#6 walkdawg

walkdawg

F-Series Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 06:35 PM

Welcome to the Zone!!
89 Bronco 302 5.0L FI 33x12.5x15 tire. AOD, 3.55 gears slowly upgarding and restoring.

#7 indoz

indoz

F-Series Mechanic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 05:25 PM

Welcome to the POWER zone, not many 460's but crickey they have some pull.
Henk from Oz

#8 drcarter0734

drcarter0734

It's Only Money, Right?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 11:18 PM

Indoz, what part of Austrailia do you live in. I spent some time over there in 2000. Lived in Brisbane mostly, but Adelaide and Sydney also. Beautiful country, I would like to go back.

#9 indoz

indoz

F-Series Mechanic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 03:00 PM

Hi DR I live in Perth, the quiet side of Oz, with vast 4x4 areas to test the old Ford.As much as you would like to come back here I would like the chance one day to visit the USA.
Henk from Oz

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users