How Can I Reduce The Chance Of Rolling Over?

17 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_RammsteiNick_*

Guest_RammsteiNick_*

Posted 06 July 2004 - 09:55 AM

How can i reduce the chance of rolling over? Will a lowering kit do the trick? better suspension? I do like to drive fast and i just hope there is a way i cann make my bronco2 go fast and not roll over. Any suggestions?
thanks
Nick

#2 Ktomek06

Ktomek06

F-Series Commander

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Lifeguarding, my bronc, and a lot of other stuff.

Posted 06 July 2004 - 10:47 AM

Well you can drive better for one....

I think a sway bar might help...

but how bout you just slow down drive safely and reduce your risks of rolling over by 100%..unless you must take an abrasive manuever

#3 BrushBuster

BrushBuster

Duck Tape L'fixer :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Mountain sleds, Race cars, Farming/John Deere Tractors, Flying, Shooting Big Bucks, Spearing Big Pike.

Posted 06 July 2004 - 12:23 PM

>> just slow down drive safely and reduce your risks of rolling over by 100%

You could also wear a skirt,

#4 Seabronc

Seabronc

F-Series Commander

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 12:40 PM

There is nothing that will completely prevent you from roll over. Pull the right manouver and you are gone. Front and rear sway bars will help, as well as properly inflated tires. Under infalation increases the chance of rollover drasticly.

Good luck,

"I know you think you know what I said, but what you need to know is, I did'nt say what I meant"

#5 Guest_RammsteiNick_*

Guest_RammsteiNick_*

Posted 06 July 2004 - 06:42 PM

ill do all that except the safer driving, haha, im a bit of a speed demon, i know its wrong [-X

#6 Guest_Blue_coyote_*

Guest_Blue_coyote_*

Posted 06 July 2004 - 10:46 PM

If you have a "need for speed" then sell the damned BII. Its NOT a go-fast sportscar...Its an SUV with a narrow track, a short wheelbase, and a high center of gravity.

Its like trying to drive in a nail with a torque wrench. Yeah, you can do it, but it just isn't even remotely close to the right tool for the job.

#7 Ktomek06

Ktomek06

F-Series Commander

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Lifeguarding, my bronc, and a lot of other stuff.

Posted 07 July 2004 - 06:01 AM

I coulnt have said it any better

#8 Broncoholics

Broncoholics

Broncoholics

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Interests:4-Wheeling!

Posted 07 July 2004 - 07:20 AM

I'd say sell that lemon and get a 66-77 Bronco with a V8. They are fast and handle like they are on rails with a stiff suspension. Off-road will suck but if you like to drive fast it might save your ass. Plus you will look cool then. b-(
Wheel it like you stole it!

#9 Guest_RammsteiNick_*

Guest_RammsteiNick_*

Posted 07 July 2004 - 09:49 AM

ill just drive fast on the high way, my freinds got a wrangler, another roll-over vehicle, so ill just drive in a strait line fast...

#10 Guest_Blue_coyote_*

Guest_Blue_coyote_*

Posted 14 July 2004 - 05:50 PM

I'd say sell that lemon and get a 66-77 Bronco with a V8. They are fast and handle like they are on rails with a stiff suspension. Off-road will suck but if you like to drive fast it might save your ass. Plus you will look cool then. b-(

A BII is no more a lemon than an EB is an outdated International wannabe. Just about anything will handle like its on rails if you put a stiff enough suspension in it. :rolleyes:

#11 4xfan78

4xfan78

F-Series Pimp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • Interests:Anything Ford prefer 78-79 bronco<br>The bigger the better

Posted 15 July 2004 - 06:38 AM

Hey Blue I was agreeing with you untill that last comment. The bII's are a very squirrelly truck nomatter how you drive, and anybody that would lift one and still drives it like an ass on the road deserves what the get. I dont mean to upset anyone but they are not made for that kind of driving. [-X
GOT MUD?

#12 Broncoholics

Broncoholics

Broncoholics

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 07:28 AM

I guess I've seen a few EB's that are lemons, but 90% out there these days are sure lookin nice! At least here in Washington State... I think they even out count the Bronco II's cuz most are in the junk yard or abandoned by now. b-(

#13 Guest_Blue_coyote_*

Guest_Blue_coyote_*

Posted 17 July 2004 - 12:35 AM

Hey Blue I was agreeing with you untill that last comment. The bII's are a very squirrelly truck nomatter how you drive, and anybody that would lift one and still drives it like an ass on the road deserves what the get. I dont mean to upset anyone but they are not made for that kind of driving. [-X

I agree that if you lift a BII and drive it fast, you are a statistic waiting to happen, but my first BII wasn't TOO squirrelly unless I wanted it to be. Don't forget that the early Jeep CJ, the BII, and the EB are all fairly close in wheelbase and track width, and they ALL share similar handling traits (other than the BII TTB having slightly different weight transfer...)

The only way I'd feel comfortable in a BII at over 85 mph is if it had thicker than stock swaybars, new HD springs, good shocks, a couple inches of drop, low profile tires, a chop top and a proper rollbar/cage. Believe it or not, the single most noticeable increase in stability is the chop top (it lowers the center of gravity VERY significantly)

#14 Guest_Blue_coyote_*

Guest_Blue_coyote_*

Posted 17 July 2004 - 12:40 AM

I guess I've seen a few EB's that are lemons, but 90% out there these days are sure lookin nice! At least here in Washington State... I think they even out count the Bronco II's cuz most are in the junk yard or abandoned by now. b-(

I agree that most of the EB's out there are in better shape than the average BII, probably because most have had LOTS of money poured into restoration, but in the BC lower mainland, BII's still outnumber EB's on the road by orders of magnitude (hell, I see more Scouts around here than EB's...)

#15 Broncoholics

Broncoholics

Broncoholics

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 09:07 AM

Thats got to suck! :huh:

#16 Guest_Blue_coyote_*

Guest_Blue_coyote_*

Posted 19 July 2004 - 07:28 PM

Thats got to suck! :huh:

It all depends on how you look at it....The upside is that I've also seen almost as many 78-79 Bronco's as I have EB's (I've always loved the looks of those), and the more BII's and Rangers there are on the road, the more likely it is that parts are still going to be available.

I'm actually surprised by how few EBs I see around here. The BC lower mainland seems to be the classic and musclecar capital of Canada...

#17 Justshootme84

Justshootme84

F-Series Commander

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • Interests:4wd trucks, hunting, fishing, music

Posted 19 July 2004 - 09:19 PM

RammsteiNick, increase your track width with wider wheels and tires. The BII is one of those "rollover" cases like the Suzuki Samari. You should still drive slower than if you had a Corvette.
1984 Bronco XLT, 351W H.O., C-6 AT, Ford 9", SkyJ 6" lift, 35" tires on MT Classic rims, S&W Racecars 10-pt cage kit, custom "shaker" assembly.
1988 Bronco Custom, 302 EFI, C-6 AT, Ford 8.8". parting out
1986 Bronco Custom, 300I-6, NP435

#18 Guest_RammsteiNick_*

Guest_RammsteiNick_*

Posted 01 August 2004 - 03:51 PM

RammsteiNick, increase your track width with wider wheels and tires. The BII is one of those "rollover" cases like the Suzuki Samari. You should still drive slower than if you had a Corvette.

yeah, thats what i've been working on, i drive everything fast, but yeah, the widened wheels and suspension should do good thanks

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users