Need Advice

9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_andydic_*

Guest_andydic_*

Posted 29 July 2004 - 04:50 AM

I am looking to buy some new 35's. I'm not sure what to with. I am gonna be doing some serious mudding and driving my bronco everyday at the same time. I was looking at either 35X14.50 15 boggers, 35X14.50 15 thornbirds, 35X13.5 15 Mickey Thompson Baja Claws, or 35X12.5 15 BF Goodrich Mud terrains. Price isn't a big deal I just want something that is going to be great in the mud and not to bad on the street.

#2 4xfan78

4xfan78

F-Series Pimp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • Interests:Anything Ford prefer 78-79 bronco<br>The bigger the better

Posted 29 July 2004 - 06:10 AM

My personal opinion is to go with the bfg's. I have had them on 2 of my bronco's and they are great. They will last a long time on pavement and great off-road. 1 set that I have had on my 79 has been on there for almost 6 years, and for $150 a tire they arenot bad.
GOT MUD?

#3 Guest_custom_78_*

Guest_custom_78_*

Posted 29 July 2004 - 07:10 AM

I would say go with the bfg's too. I have them on my bronco and they give you plenty of grip. My dad has them on his truck which he uses as a DD and has no problem with wear even after two years. ;)

#4 Broncoholics

Broncoholics

Broncoholics

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Interests:4-Wheeling!

Posted 29 July 2004 - 03:58 PM

What ever you use do NOT use Thornbirds! They pack mud in the tight tread blocks and are like slicks. The side lugs are the only thing good on them. I like the Swamper TSL Radials, they are quiet on the road and do well off road. Boggers and SX's are biasply so they are loud and get flat spots over night so they feel like they are out of ballance for a few miles. BFG MT's have always been a good happy medium.
Wheel it like you stole it!

#5 Guest_runuovr_*

Guest_runuovr_*

Posted 29 July 2004 - 06:46 PM

Yep, TSL radial or BFG, Thornbirds are good for structure on the bottom of a pond and Boggers Pull like @%&* offroad,but will vibrate every bolt & screw off yur truck and you can't hear yurself think goin down the road!!

#6 Justshootme84

Justshootme84

F-Series Commander

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • Interests:4wd trucks, hunting, fishing, music

Posted 29 July 2004 - 08:07 PM

If you plan to drive any amount on pavement, the BFG's are the only tire I would get. The TSL's are great for offroad, but wear out fast on the tarmack. You can save $$$ with the KO's or the cheaper brands. I have Mud Kings, about $50 less per tire but same tread pattern. The only problem I have ever had with the BFG's is due to poor alignment wearing them out too fast. Once they start to wear on one side, they go fast. And do not ever get towed backwards. That will ruin them.
1984 Bronco XLT, 351W H.O., C-6 AT, Ford 9", SkyJ 6" lift, 35" tires on MT Classic rims, S&W Racecars 10-pt cage kit, custom "shaker" assembly.
1988 Bronco Custom, 302 EFI, C-6 AT, Ford 8.8". parting out
1986 Bronco Custom, 300I-6, NP435

#7 drcarter0734

drcarter0734

It's Only Money, Right?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 10:07 PM

I would put my vote for BFG's also. I have them on mine and have had no issues with them. A little noisy on the streets, but I just turn up the radio.

#8 Guest_FLYFSHIN_*

Guest_FLYFSHIN_*

Posted 02 August 2004 - 11:19 AM

I have Kumho Road Venture A/T's. I had BFG's previously. I love the Kumhos. Talk about grip! She never gets stuck...they dig nice, they release the mud, and they dont make alot of noise on the road. I got my 4 ply 31"ers for 114 each mounted and balanced. Wouldnt go back to BFG or Goodyear to save my life. I swear by Kumhos.

#9 Ktomek06

Ktomek06

F-Series Commander

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Lifeguarding, my bronc, and a lot of other stuff.

Posted 02 August 2004 - 11:48 AM

BFG's

#10 avp12304

avp12304

F-Series Mechanic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:4x4's

Posted 08 August 2004 - 07:41 AM

yeah dude, bfg's, i'v got a set on mine right now brand new, there awsome, as for the boggers, u shouldn't even consider them if your driving it on the road, boggers wear out after 10-15,000 miles, boggers are for hardcore offroaders, and did u consider bfg all-terrains? they'll last alittle longer than the mud terrains and they do pretty well offroad as well
GET-R-DONE
96 351, eb for sale, PM me for info
Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users