Swapping Transfer Cases

2 replies to this topic

#1 digitalracer

digitalracer

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 02:20 PM

alright im back with yet another transfer case question. after determining which t-case i had (203) ive decided that i want to convert to a part time case (205) has anyone done this and if so what is involved? will it bolt directly to the 203s intermedate housing or will that need to be changed also? what about drve shafts will my stock 203s bolt up or will those need to be lengthed/shortened any info will be appreciated thanks in advance

#2 Guest_Kev's78Ford_*

Guest_Kev's78Ford_*

Posted 20 October 2004 - 12:23 AM

to mount the transfer case to the transmission you will need to have the 205 housing and the 205 is much shorter than the 203 and will require new drive shafts. Depending on the condition of your current rear drive shaft you may be able to have it extended. Other than that it is a fairly easy swap. All the mounting points on the cross member and the frame are there. if you have under coated the frame it might take some poking around to find the correct holes for the 205. Oh yeah, almost forgot. There is a bracket that you need with the 205. It looks like the one that came off your 203 just smaller. Not sure what its called I hope you know what I'm talking about. Also if the T-case is out of a bronco you may need to change rear yolks, unless of coarse you have a bronco. Other than that its just manning up and hauling that heavy @$$ thing out of there and geting the 205 in.

#3 davids78bronco

davids78bronco

fabricator extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Interests:Work all day, and build Bronco accessories in my free time. I've built pre-runner and winch bumpers, rock sliders and rear bumpers, w/ or w/o tire carriers, as well as HD cargo racks (not the bolt-to-your-hardtop POS's)

Posted 23 October 2004 - 07:33 PM

Read here - http://broncozone.co...?showtopic=2200

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users