#1 Deezel_Dusten

Deezel_Dusten

Duck Tape L'fixer :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Cars, trucks, going off road

Posted 13 October 2004 - 10:48 PM

I have a 400M 2bbl in my 79, and was curious what is the difference in 4V aftermarket intakes, i see Edelbrocks performer is listed as a 4V, and i assume that means it is for the ford 4V heads, and weiands is listed as 2V, meaning 2bbl heads. Would a 4V work on my 2V heads? I found a new in box edelbrock performer for 100 bucks.

#2 Guest_BigNasty_*

Guest_BigNasty_*

Posted 14 October 2004 - 01:40 AM

Not quite :)
For intakes, the 4v and 2v are what type of carburator bolts on.
Nothing to do with heads unless you are running a set-up that is different from stock, say a 302 with 351 clevelend heads etc.
The difference between 4v and 2v heads typically is in the valve sizes, with the 2v valves normally being smaller than a 4v heads valves would be. The outside of the heads is the same so that nearly all intakes for the particular engine will bolt on and work.

The reason I say 'nearly all intakes' is due to some engine design changes through out the years, so it is best to get the casting # off the block and heads if possible to get the correct part.
Example, 351 windsor - not all are the same with early versions having a shorter block deck height, same heads, but uses a slightly smaller intake than the newer taller version of the same engine

Getting confused yet? :)

#3 4xfan78

4xfan78

F-Series Pimp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • Interests:Anything Ford prefer 78-79 bronco<br>The bigger the better

Posted 14 October 2004 - 07:10 AM

Bignasty is right, just to simplefi it a 4 barrel intake will work on 2v heads.
GOT MUD?

#4 Deezel_Dusten

Deezel_Dusten

Duck Tape L'fixer :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Cars, trucks, going off road

Posted 14 October 2004 - 01:17 PM

Thanks guys, I know that they are many different versions for fords motors, they seemed obsessed with change. Looks like i will take the intake then, thanks.

Dusten

#5 tina

tina

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 02:49 PM

I have a 400M 2bbl in my 79, and was curious what is the difference in 4V aftermarket intakes, i see Edelbrocks performer is listed as a 4V, and i assume that means it is for the ford 4V heads, and weiands is listed as 2V, meaning 2bbl heads. Would a 4V work on my 2V heads? I found a new in box edelbrock performer for 100 bucks.

2v heads have smaller intake valves than the 4v heads,4v heads were used on the 351C, 2v have smaller intake runners than the 4v heads 4v intake will not work with out some grinding on the heads to match port size.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users