4 replies to this topic

#1 TomC

TomC

Duck Tape L'fixer :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 11:52 AM

I can not get my 78 bronco to start. It makes a clicking sound when trying to start. I tried it the next day and it started up no problems. While driving it my electrical system was acting crazy. Like my turn signals would not work and my radio cut off. When I got home it would not start again. I replaced starter and selenoid, and still nothing.. I get a clicking noise. Any ideas and help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 4xfan78

4xfan78

F-Series Pimp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • Interests:Anything Ford prefer 78-79 bronco<br>The bigger the better

Posted 25 October 2004 - 12:48 PM

The first thing i would check is the battery.Then I would check the solinoid (sorry long day cannot spell) thats beside the battery, if its not tight it can lose its ground. If that is not it it could be bad, youre alternator could be bad, and the last thing i can think of is the brain box could be going out. Which is on the drivers side fender well near the brake booster/master cylender.
GOT MUD?

#3 TomC

TomC

Duck Tape L'fixer :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 01:54 PM

I just replaced the cable to the starter, and jumped the battery. The truck started up. I let it run for a while. while it was running I tried the turn signals, they worked a little then stopped all together. Then I turned the truck off and tried to start it again, but it would not start and I heard the starter clicking...and ideas

#4 Seabronc

Seabronc

F-Series Commander

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 03:43 PM

Check your connections. Positive post on battery, negative post on battery, and the ground connection from battery to engine block. Clean and retighten them.

Good luck,

:)>-

"I know you think you know what I said, but what you need to know is, I did'nt say what I meant"

#5 bigbad79

bigbad79

It's Only Money, Right?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 07:02 PM

jump the truck and run it to a parts store and have them test the alternator and battery. they'll tell you exactly what it is weather its the battery, alternator, or even the voltage reg. if its none of the above start tracing wires and look for a wire thats grounding itself out on something, this can suck. the same thing happend to my bronco. i got so fed up i bought a whole new wiring harness for the damn thing

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users