#1 Justshootme84

Justshootme84

F-Series Commander

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • Interests:4wd trucks, hunting, fishing, music

Posted 02 November 2004 - 05:41 AM

Today's the big day across the USA. It's your civic duty to get out and vote. Just a reminder, every vote counts!!! :)>-
1984 Bronco XLT, 351W H.O., C-6 AT, Ford 9", SkyJ 6" lift, 35" tires on MT Classic rims, S&W Racecars 10-pt cage kit, custom "shaker" assembly.
1988 Bronco Custom, 302 EFI, C-6 AT, Ford 8.8". parting out
1986 Bronco Custom, 300I-6, NP435

#2 BrushBuster

BrushBuster

Duck Tape L'fixer :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Mountain sleds, Race cars, Farming/John Deere Tractors, Flying, Shooting Big Bucks, Spearing Big Pike.

Posted 02 November 2004 - 12:49 PM

Kerry's queer, we want Bush.

#3 fbrown3

fbrown3

F-Series Mechanic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,Fishing and spending outdoor time with my boys, playing with the BII

Posted 02 November 2004 - 02:29 PM

I did my part today, I was suprised to see the most people to turn out to vote in my area in 5 years. Kinda makes you think there's hope for us yet.

#4 Justshootme84

Justshootme84

F-Series Commander

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 05:35 PM

Yeah, even the local news from Houston, TX reports record numbers of voters at the polls. While that's usually in favor of the Democrats, looks like the Republicans still have a good lead in many local/state races. Go Bush!!!
1984 Bronco XLT, 351W H.O., C-6 AT, Ford 9", SkyJ 6" lift, 35" tires on MT Classic rims, S&W Racecars 10-pt cage kit, custom "shaker" assembly.

#5 davids78bronco

davids78bronco

fabricator extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Interests:Work all day, and build Bronco accessories in my free time. I've built pre-runner and winch bumpers, rock sliders and rear bumpers, w/ or w/o tire carriers, as well as HD cargo racks (not the bolt-to-your-hardtop POS's)

Posted 02 November 2004 - 09:53 PM

Sadly, three cities in two counties, are the deciding factor here, and naturally, everyone voted for kerry - dammit. But, Bush appears to be leading, according to the visual aid, on the yahoo homepage. And as much as I like a "take action" type of president, I'm REALLY hoping he'll change his mind about the corporate tax reliefs and bring jobs back to the people he's SUPPOSED to be looking out for

#6 Justshootme84

Justshootme84

F-Series Commander

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 12:08 PM

Bush wins re-election (WHOOP!!!).

Quote"Kerry concedes as the last bit of drama in an election full of it." It certainly was...

#7 Bradt

Bradt

F-Series Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 01:01 PM

I'm REALLY hoping he'll change his mind about the corporate tax reliefs and bring jobs back to the people he's SUPPOSED to be looking out for

I don't want to get too much into this other than to say that corporate taxes are a myth. No corporation anywhere in the world pays taxes. Any corporation measures success or failure by profit margins. Taxes will step on those margins. Do you really think the corporations just eat the loss? No, they cut benefits, cut salaries, cut jobs, or raise prices to maintain their margins.

Want an example? Look at your phone bill. That universal access fee? The FCC mandated that the phone companies pay an aditional amount to cover access in rural and low income areas. Guess what they did. That's right. Passed it straight to you.

Emmissions regulations on energy plants? Guess who pays for that.

Brad

#8 Justshootme84

Justshootme84

F-Series Commander

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 05:45 PM

And what about the 90,000+ new jobs created this year, under Bush's administration??? Guess that got left out during the debate. BTW, unemployment in my home county (Matagorda) is 25%, compared to the national average of 5%. All of the shrimpers are out of work due not to high diesel costs but to foreign imports, mainly from China and Vietnam. It does help to contact your Congressman and state reps, because they do have an impact on alot of the issues. That's why voting is so important.

#9 Bradt

Bradt

F-Series Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 08:56 PM

Absolutely! We no longer have an economy where the big corporations create the jobs. Many of the jobs out there are created by individuals who have incorporated their businesses. Technology has hit a point that anyone can afford to create a corporation. Fortunately The President, and his advisors, has seen it and that tax relief on those evil corporations allows these small business owners to employ an extra person, or even let their spouse stay home with the kids. Either way we all benefit.

If I may offer some observations on the Election. This is an Off Topic area, so i don't think it's out of line. If I am let me know, and I'll not do it again.

The Democrats shot themselves in the foot in three ways this time. They underestimated the republican vote, they spoke at the rural people rather than with them, and they gave the internet to low income families.

First off, in the 2000 election we all heard that "Bush stole the election". I guess we were supposed to ignore that Gore sent in the lawyers first to recount votes in certain counties. We're supposed to ignore that the Florida Constitution explicitly states that this type of recount is not allowed. In the event of a recount it is to be statewide. We're supposed to ignore that the Gore attorneys sought to suppress absentee ballots which were largely military and largely in favor of Bush. We're supposed to forget that with all the charges of disenfranchisement of minorities that the NAACP couldn't find one person to testify when it came time for hearings. Finally we were supposed to ignore that in EVERY recount (even the one conducted by the DNC) Bush won Florida. I think those constant accusations pushed a lot of people who would otherwise not bother to vote to get out there and make it clear this time.

The rural vote is huge. It's amazing that the Democrats look at us and think we're idiots that can be pandered to. I don't know about you guys, but down here we don't take that so well. Kerry insisted on trying to tell us he feels our pain. Clinton could pull that off, but a guy like Kerry just has no chance. He spoke at us, and told us how he could help us. Presumably because we are uncapable of helping ourselves. Basically he was saying "I'll give you idiots what you can't give yourselves".

Lastly, and probably most surprisingly, the Democrats shot themselves in the foot by advocating and implementing programs that provide internet access to low income families. The democratic Party, love them or hate them, looks after the group. That's why you always hear them talk about "minorities", or "women". You rarely hear anything about individual rights. To quote the figurehead of the party Bill Clinton "We've got to stop focusing on the rights of the individual". Te kennedy also mentioned how they've been "at war with the individual". What does this have to do with the internet? Well surfing the internet is largely a solitary activity. It allows people to educate themselves and reach conclusions based on their own findings. It strips away the group identity that most of the Democratic figureheads seem to rely upon. What you have left is a person that says "When I get out of here why should I be penalized for succeding?", or coming to the conclusion that they can do better and welfare is only a leg up, and not a lifestyle.

Before this turns into a debate or discussion let me say this. I am largely libertarian, and I believe this race should have been Kerry's, but he made mistakes. I made my choice only because I knew we didn't have a shot, and I had to choose one of the big two.

Brad

#10 Justshootme84

Justshootme84

F-Series Commander

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 04 November 2004 - 07:57 PM

That essay gets an A+ from me!!! I think it's a good idea to reflect/comment on the results of the election, sort of like the exit polls we keep hearing about. I'm very interested to hear what folks across the country have to say about both candidates, good or bad. Paraphrasing Mr. T., "I pity the fool..." refering to those that did not vote because they felt like it didn't matter, because Texas' electoral votes were going to Bush anyway. I also think that we Republicans should not sit back and gloat for 4 more years, but we should work harder to keep the country going strong. I feel like the thing that hurt Kerry's chances the most was Edwards, as many folks here despise trial lawyers. That was actually the reason that some Democrats voted for someone else according to what they told me. One even stopped buying HEinz catsup!!! The thought of that woman as First Lady was frightening. And Mr. Kerry never came to Palacios, TX to sway my vote. Finally, I had no idea who Budnarik was, even though he was on my ballot. Libertarian, sure, but nothing in the mainstream media on him. A view from rural South Texas.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users