Fender Exit Headers

2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_wannabe big_*

Guest_wannabe big_*

Posted 16 November 2004 - 08:14 PM

I'm doing a 460 swap in my 79 F-150 and want to use the fender exit headers and shouldn't be a problem in this one but I have another one that I'm wanting to put monster tires with lift and fender cut outs. Will these be a problem for inside clearance since the headers come out beside the tires.

#2 Ranger429

Ranger429

It's Only Money, Right?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 01:15 PM

They should'nt be, but if they are you can always unscrew the turning stop bolt's a couple threads

Here is a pic of mine, I used L+L's headers, NICE top quality lifetime warranty header, my opinion is they are one of the best for a big block swap on the market that I have seen.

Posted Image
Posted Image
79 Bronco Ranger XLT 400 4" lift 33" BF's KC Lights
79 F250 Ranger XLT '70 429 Thunderjet, balanced and blueprinted, mild cam, DOVE head's with roller rockers, stealth intake, holley 770, Dana 60 F+R with 4.10's, Custom 6" lift and 36" Fun Country radials

Did FORD still make a truck after 79?

#3 429 1ton

429 1ton

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 03:13 PM

I Have a 1979 ford f-350 with a 429 and a manual tranny and I am trying to figure out what are the best hedders I should buy I know that L&L are good and so are hooker super comps, but what are those no brand welded up headers at bronco grave yard.com they look pretty good, also I was really looking into running fenderwell exit headers, they look great and easy to run eghaust but is there a downside, do you need to cut out your inner fenders alot or just trim them up a little, also do the eghaust hang down to low or is it up in there?, any educated comments would be appreaciated, Thanks

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users