2 replies to this topic

#1 sparkemon

sparkemon

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 09:16 AM

Hello all,
I'm new to your forum, and glad to be a part of it. I have an 86 BII (2.9) with electronic 4WD. This morning when I tried to put it in 4WD, the indicators showed it in 4WD high, but the front wheels were not locking in (Auto Locking Hubs). So, I toggled the shift controls from 4WD High to Low and viceversa, while in neutral, and lost everything. Now it wont shift into any gears forward, or reverse, or even into park. It just makes a fast clicking sound and rolls freely, and I have NO INDICATOR LIGHTS. This is my only means of transportation so I need to fix it IMMEDIATELY. I did check all the fuses, and fusible links I could find, and they checked OK. At this point I'm very desperate, and will try anything. Any Input Will Be Deeply Appreciated. Thank you in advance for help in this matter. Sparkemon.

#2 Guest_Blue_coyote_*

Guest_Blue_coyote_*

Posted 19 December 2004 - 10:13 AM

Get under the truck and tap on the shift motor on the T-case. Its probably the usual corrosion taking its toll on it. If its an option for you, consider swapping in a manual shift T-case and manual hubs (they are about 400 times more reliable)

#3 sparkemon

sparkemon

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 03:43 PM

Hey thanks for the reply, but that didn't work. I did remove the motor and shifted the xfer case manually, and at least now I can get it to move & drive, but I have no 4wd control. I will continue to work on this, and maybe even do a 4wd swap. I also have a beatup 86 BII with a small V6, Manual shift, and lock outs. I will have to do some research to see if it can be done, or if the parts will interchange, I have no idea what tranny, or xfer cases either truck have. Thanks again for your input, and if you have anymore insight on the swap, I'm all ears. Sparkemon

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users